WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
53,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old news for those member who are subsribers of the Stowa Newsletter.
Only „news„ for non-subscribers though.
The Marine Original Bronze (is it the MOB 🤗), in a new 41 mm STOWA vintage case, will be produced in all known dial variants. With the first cases ever Stowa will launch a special series in small quantities. The Marine Original Bronze Roman Silver will feature heated browned steel hands.

Stowa: „Whether we can offer these hands in normal series production remains to be seen. At the moment we make them purely by hand, because there is currently no supplier worldwide who can make these special hands for us.“

9FFE9B15-CE0D-4C02-979E-362AC97B0E61.jpeg
6F179C2C-3327-4678-B39D-CB394244E514.jpeg
3E184627-76C0-4E51-AA5E-53D0B90E71DC.jpeg

For more info: www.stowa.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lovely. I was hoping they would have blued hands, although the browned ones are very nice, too, and call out to the bronze case nicely. Looks great with the silver dial, too.

·
Premium Member
8,940 Posts
The color of the hands is excellent for something closer to a monotone arrangement, which makes for simpler strap matching. Of course, I wear a lot of brown, gold, yellow, and orange, so I'm biased.

If they do a 36, I'm in, even if it's center seconds...and I say that because overall, here...small seconds is the total winner. 41 is just a touch too large to be comfortable, unfortunately, because this piece is gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It's a beautiful watch! So many interesting hand colors can be produced at different temperatures--I'm not sure why we don't see more of this. Moritz Grossmann uses lovely purpled hands on some of their models, but otherwise this is a novelty indeed. Kudos to Stowa for their creativity.

·
Registered
996 Posts
That looks insanely vintage, so cool.

The color of the hands is excellent for something closer to a monotone arrangement, which makes for simpler strap matching. Of course, I wear a lot of brown, gold, yellow, and orange, so I'm biased.

If they do a 36, I'm in, even if it's center seconds...and I say that because overall, here...small seconds is the total winner. 41 is just a touch too large to be comfortable, unfortunately, because this piece is gorgeous.
I asked them a few months ago if they were thinking about ever releasing a 36mm Marine in bronze, the answer was "it's not in our plans".

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
It's a beautiful watch! So many interesting hand colors can be produced at different temperatures--I'm not sure why we don't see more of this. Moritz Grossmann uses lovely purpled hands on some of their models, but otherwise this is a novelty indeed. Kudos to Stowa for their creativity.
So much this! I already have a marine 36, but any 36mm browned hands with bronze case would be absolutely amazing. In particular the 36mm handwound small seconds.

Stowa you've done it again!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Any chance they'll make a bronze deployant clasp? Now that they have this and the flieger, it seems like there is enough volume to make it worth while.

It would be nice to better preserve their nice leather straps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks fantastic! Now, whether to get this, or the bronze flieger. Hmmm ...
You can't go wrong with either - for me personally, it came down to the fact that Stowa is one of the original Flieger manufacturers, which adds to the "story" of the watch. The Flieger is more timeless IMO, but in all honesty, I'm craving an MO now that I have a Flieger :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can't go wrong with either - for me personally, it came down to the fact that Stowa is one of the original Flieger manufacturers, which adds to the "story" of the watch. The Flieger is more timeless IMO, but in all honesty, I'm craving an MO now that I have a Flieger :)
I'm impatiently awaiting mine with a non-committal 'late August' arrival date. Any chance you could post some pics of your bronze flieger to tide me over?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This looks great. I've been wanting a hand wound watch with a display back for a while and this could be the one. I hope Stowa can produce the brown hands at volume to make them a regular part of the collection.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Lovely. I was hoping they would have blued hands, although the browned ones are very nice, too, and call out to the bronze case nicely. Looks great with the silver dial, too.
It says "prototype" on the back. Maybe it will change. The hands are pretty interesting, but a little drab. Blued hands would give it a little pop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm impatiently awaiting mine with a non-committal 'late August' arrival date. Any chance you could post some pics of your bronze flieger to tide me over?
I am a Flieger owner - but not a bronze Flieger. The bronze version of the Flieger & MO are truly special and unique - you will not be disappointed with either. I'm super jealous of the "Old Radium" hands; they are perfect for the bronze style. Make sure you do some research on how to maintain bronze. I'm sure it will develop its own natural patina over time, which will make the watch even more unique. I'm sure Stowa has some info on ways to take care of their bronze. Post pictures when you get your new Stowa - cheers!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
... Make sure you do some research on how to maintain bronze. I'm sure it will develop its own natural patina over time, which will make the watch even more unique. I'm sure Stowa has some info on ways to take care of their bronze. Post pictures when you get your new Stowa - cheers!
If its like the flieger, they do something to the material to stop the patina from progressing further.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts