WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Stowa offer their own mesh but has anyone tried the Omega Mesh on an Marine Original?

I did a quick search but nothing popped up so wondered if it had been tried before or if it's a big no-no!

Reason I ask, got the chance of a 22mm Omega Mesh and the MO is all I've got that I'd put it on :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Do it! Then show us how it looks.

Seriosuly, the pics I have seen on the Stowa Mesh are so nice, I think the Omega mesh will look good also.

It doesnt fit with the "heritage" of the watch, but it sure looks cool on the mesh anyway. i saw go for it, you can always change it back.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts... looking at just how utterly rubbish the £ is against all other currencies it actually makes the Omega and the Stowa mesh almost the same price.

Was just interested if anyone had done it and I guess the answer is no (or at least no one on this forum perhaps).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think that the Omega mesh is way to heavy for the MO.
The mesh has (for example) a very robust clasp, totaly not in the style with the MO.

Also the Omega logo on the MO looks silly, IMHO!

The Omega mesh isn't a dressy bracelet but more a (heavy) tool bracelet.

Regards, Roel

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed it is pretty robust, I do have a 24mm Omega Mesh hence know just how nice they are and thats what made me wonder if anyone had tried one on an MO.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I was not aware that the Omega was so much more "tool-ish". Interesting, and I agree it does not appear to be elegant enough to look right on the MO.

I guess that's why no one seems to have tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts