WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you Marine Original and Marine Auto owners out there, could you post some pics of your different strap options?

If you don't own one, but have a pic or two, that's great too |>

Thanks in advance for the help :-!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
My MO with Lambskin strap from Don:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I've got a couple of alligator straps coming this week and will put one on my Marine auto for sure.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I like the looks of pic #4 the best. Hoping my straps are a similar shade of color. I have to say also that I do like the straps that come with the watches. The thick, rivetted strap with my Airman is outstanding and the coloring and vintage looks of the others are very nice as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think it looks awesome on that blue nato.... I never even thought about that.. it really dresses it down. I think you could get away with wearing that without work clothes.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some great choices there guys, thanks :-!

I'm a Panerai guy, and love to swap straps. I can see the Stowa Marine is very versatile as well |>

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more quick question - what is the measurement of the standard Stowa Marine Original strap at the buckle? 18mm or 20mm?

TIA. |>

·
Registered
7 Posts
(a repost from another thread, where you will find other examples : https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=35841

just a few pics to show you some examples of possible combinations...:think:

the "basic" leather strap, IMO not up to the watch standards...

the optional alligator strap, basically just the best fit for me...

this one is a ZRC leather strap, called "Pani look" ... guess why...

and a last try, just for fun...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a pic of my new Marine Original that came in yesterday - now you know why I was asking for strap pics! :-!

I have ordered a black alligator strap with black stitch (on deployant) and should have it in a week or so. I'll post pics again then.

Cheers,

Stephen

·
Registered
202 Posts
Marine Auto on Sirtoli ostrich strap -

I have these three straps for it:

left to right -

Sirtoli Ostrich in gray, Sirtoli gator in brown (waaay too long, I'm an idiot and didn't think of the fact that the ostrich is a custom size, so I figured the gator would be the same size as the ostrich...but as the gator is not a custom one, it is their standard length which is way too long for me... i will most likely sell it or give it to a family member since there is no way i can wear the thing), and the last strap is a gator from lonestarwatches.com

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Capt. Canuck and Kris - I like my lonestar strap very much! It's a little thick so it probably wouldn't work extremely well as a dressy strap, but my Marine Auto has a brushed finish so it is more utilitarian in appearance anyway so the thick strap goes nicely with it.

I believe it was originally a cognac or honey color, but I put a bunch of leatherique on it and it turned a dark color. Walt at lonestarwatches used to sell the leatherique as well, which is where I got my bottle from, but he doesn't seem to have it listed on his website anymore. At any rate, for a week straight I liberally put the leatherique on the strap, sometimes several times a day if I was home. I would put it on and let it air dry, not toweling it off or anything. By the end of the week it ended with a very dark color with nice redish-brown highlights. It looks kind of vintage now, which I like.

It appears darker in person than in the photo.

Matt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts