WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feedback on what I can reasonably list my Stowa Marine Original, silver dial, old logo for on the secondary market. It’s in mint condition with box and docs. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Reactions: johncomer

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Aren’t really supposed to value watches on WUS.

From the looks of it and considering the strap it has, it has probably kept a good chunk of value. Try researching that particular model on past WUS sales to see what they tend to sell for.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren’t really supposed to value watches on WUS.

From the looks of it and considering the strap it has, it has probably kept a good chunk of value. Try researching that particular model on past WUS sales to see what they tend to sell for.
Gotcha. Wasn’t sure and haven’t been on here in a few years. I searched here and need to dig a bit deeper as many sales are years old. I have several straps to go with it. I know current models of this version go for around $1900, and was hoping that the older logo would give this watch some added collectibility value.
Appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: Stowie

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good luck selling OP.

Over the past few months here in Australia I have kept my eye on 3 or 4 Marine Originals listed at various sites, with average asking price being around 1200 AUD which roughly equates to $900 USD. IIRC 2 of them were silver dials.

I ended up buying an old logo MO (white dial) in excellent nick with box and papers, plus 4 straps just two days ago for the bargain (IMO) price of $800 AUD.

For some reason the various MO watches listed on different Australian sites had been listed for a few months at least. A trend I seem to find with watches listed on Watch Recon and the like. Patience might be a virtue. Don't undersell it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck selling OP.

Over the past few months here in Australia I have kept my eye on 3 or 4 Marine Originals listed at various sites, with average asking price being around 1200 AUD which roughly equates to $900 USD. IIRC 2 of them were silver dials.

I ended up buying an old logo MO (white dial) in excellent nick with box and papers, plus 4 straps just two days ago for the bargain (IMO) price of $800 AUD.

For some reason the various MO watches listed on different Australian sites had been listed for a few months at least. A trend I seem to find with watches listed on Watch Recon and the like. Patience might be a virtue. Don't undersell it.
Thanks for this feedback. Yeah, when I searched, $900 was a number I saw a few times, and that seems low to me.

I’m in no rush to sell it, especially at that price because to me it’s worth more.

Thanks again

Reactions: Eugene Hot

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Thanks for this feedback. Yeah, when I searched, $900 was a number I saw a few times, and that seems low to me.

I’m in no rush to sell it, especially at that price because to me it’s worth more.

Thanks again
It is a good looking watch. I think you should hold on to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a good looking watch. I think you should hold on to it.

Thanks. It is a beautiful watch, but it doesn’t get much wrist time - have worn it maybe 10 to fifteen times - and I have other hobbies now that I want to fund.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks. It is a beautiful watch, but it doesn’t get much wrist time - have worn it maybe 10 to fifteen times - and I have other hobbies now that I want to fund.
If you dont wear it much just sell it for 900ish. you arent going to get more in the future

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you dont wear it much just sell it for 900ish. you arent going to get more in the future
So would you say that these watches are only going to lose value?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
So would you say that these watches are only going to lose value?
Due to how long it takes to get one new, used models will of course lose some value over time but not a lot. Stowas seem to hold a steady value after a point. So your will probably hold steady where it’s currently valued now.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I see. Fair enough…

Good luck and hope you’ll find a good home for your MO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts