WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone?

Trying to decide between buying an Airman or a Marine right now as my second Stowa, I've seen plenty of wrist shots of Airmans, but very few of the Marine. Anyone care to show a few?

Also, does the Marine have the same domed crystal as the Airman, and is there any AR coating on the crystal of either?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody there, huh?

Damn it, I'm off to the Stowa site to order one of these babies anyway :-D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, just ordered, now comes the waiting... :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brugo said:
Sorry Dave, I arrived too late with my photo... But you made a great choice! :-!
Better late than never, looks good! :-!

Looking forward to getting mine, now...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Dave E said:
Better late than never, looks good! :-!

Looking forward to getting mine, now...
Hi Dave,

Sorry, no pics. I've had my Marine for nearly 1 and half years and it's one of my favourites. I wear it on a Stowa mesh which for me suits it perfectly.

The clean simple dial, blued hour/minute hands, case/bracelet quality and finish is excellent. Can't recommend it enough.

regards,
Gordon

I've got some crappy pics on my mobile, email me if you'd like em.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got home to discover the courier had been. They don't deliver on Saturdays, and it was only a 30 mile drive, so like an impatient WIS I headed over there and now I've got this beauty attached to my wrist:

Very happy! :)

·
Banned
805 Posts
m m m m:p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh so tempting. Congrats on the new baby. :-!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Dave,

Thats just a super,super watch only wear it in good health.:-!

Just one drawback for me (and comments invited) the Stowa brown strap i found a little "disapointing".

Martin

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
martbroad said:
Dave,

Thats just a super,super watch only wear it in good health.:-!

Just one drawback for me (and comments invited) the Stowa brown strap i found a little "disapointing".

Martin
Thanks Martin!

Re the strap, I quite like it. It's a bit on the stiff side, but wears very comfortably. I also got the light brown strap (although I need to get hold of Jorg when he's back from holiday as he's sent me a regular length rather than a short), I think they rather suit the watch.

Mind you, I am going to look into getting an alligator or croc strap to go with the Marine because I think it would look good!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Very nice Dave, like the straps.

I shall have to chivvy Jorg up for my Marine when he comes back from holiday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy here. I ordered the Marine last night as my first German and first mechanical. Would appreciate any info on movement, adjustments,etc.:thanks

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jstarnes said:
New guy here. I ordered the Marine last night as my first German and first mechanical. Would appreciate any info on movement, adjustments,etc.:thanks
ETA 2824 movement, mine is so far within +1 per day (as is the Antea I bought a month or two back). Beautifully made watch, you'll love it! :-!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Congratulations, Dave! :-!

Case and crystal between the Flieger and trhe Marine are identical, with inside-only AR-coating. The Flieger case is satinized, the Marine polished.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crusader said:
Congratulations, Dave! :-!

Case and crystal between the Flieger and trhe Marine are identical, with inside-only AR-coating. The Flieger case is satinized, the Marine polished.
I love the case design (definitely going to have to get an Airman sometime), wears beautifully. The slightly turned down lugs and narrow case sides/tallish bezel combine to make it wear extremely slimly.

Really loving this so far! Apart from wearing an Orange Monster to bed (for the lume) and for a cycle ride on Sunday, I haven't taken it off since I picked it up Friday evening.

R

·
0 Posts
Dave E said:
... Apart from wearing an Orange Monster to bed (for the lume) and for a cycle ride on Sunday, I haven't taken it off since I picked it up Friday evening.
That's the first time I have heard of someone else who has a "bed watch". I bought a Luminox 3000 specifically for that purpose: light as a feather, silky rubber strap. Can't tell it's there. It's a good back-up travel watch, and perfect for establishing the time when your bladder or your neighbor's infant woke you.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
redstart said:
That's the first time I have heard of someone else who has a "bed watch". I bought a Luminox 3000 specifically for that purpose: light as a feather, silky rubber strap. Can't tell it's there. It's a good back-up travel watch, and perfect for establishing the time when your bladder or your neighbor's infant woke you.
Yep, I often change to another watch to sleep to get better lume:oops:

I had a Marathon field watch with tritium tubes for a while as a night-watch, but these days I just switch to something with good lume and charge it up before turning out the light (the Orange Monster is a good one for this!).

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Congrats Dave, great watch.
Welcome and congrats to jstarnes as well!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts