WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone knows where the market price for the 5711 steel PP is?

If you have info by face type it would be amazing, would be happy to tally the results and share them back with everyone so we can get an average across everybody. I've seen so many different prices I want to get a feel for where it actually should be.

If you've seen them at small shops or anywhere feel free to share that too.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Chrono24 shows 28. I'd estimate the average at around $75K.

Quill & Pad did this story a couple months ago:

https://quillandpad.com/2019/10/15/...ess-thoughts-on-the-current-market-situation/

They cited $60-70k.

Where should it be? Wherever the seller wants it to be, pretty much. The demand for these is simply insane; there are no market forces at work to suggest where it 'should' be.

And you're not gonna see one at a small shop. Any dealer has a wait list likely *years* long.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate you sending through this article and I agree its insane where they have gone. I guess I'll have to keep looking till I find a price im "comfortable" with.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I got a Vacheron Overseas instead and couldn't be happier. It's objectively a better watch. Subjectively its also better looking. I'd rather have a 42mm Laureato or even a Steele JLC Polaris on a bracelet.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I've worked on putting together a nice Rolex collection of seven in the last few years and VC really caught my eyes a little while ago and just pulled the trigger on a new 4500V black dial. This and the 5711 in white would be my perfect pair however even affording the 5711 I just can't wrap my head around the current market price so I may just add another VC version in a white/silver dial. The best price I've seen on a 5711 white was 53k used or 60k new.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Apparently I need to get mine appraised again. This is pretty shocking for a watch that is basically my daily wear and which nobody ever seems to recognize.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Time to buy a gold watch?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
60-80K Down from 70-90K a year ago. Top of the range for mint blue dial and bottom for work white dial.
White dial Nautilus is discontinued along with many other numbers, including entire twenty-4 range I guess, from this year.

·
Registered
500 Posts
White dial Nautilus is discontinued along with many other numbers, including entire twenty-4 range I guess, from this year.
Just because something is discontinued doesn't mean it will have any impact on the value. Demand has always been higher for blue. Values are always higher for blue.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Just because something is discontinued doesn't mean it will have any impact on the value. Demand has always been higher for blue. Values are always higher for blue.
You may be right Sir. I've not said anything about the value part; I just stated a fact that I thought was relevant here. Regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts