WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the price at the exit of the factory, and the price at the point of sale, I imagine that there is a difference. But which one?

Is there any studies on the matter, or else is it a subject too taboo or secret? I would like to know who are the intermediaries in the distribution process for watch industry, so whish is the share between the output of the watch and the sales to final client.

And is that there would be different practices in different countries (I imagine so) ?

(Excuse my English, my google-translate-english, I'm French, from switzerland)

·
Registered
40,150 Posts
What I've ranting about for some time and now it's headlines is exchange rates, most around here whine about
AD margins, fiat money and currency wars play another and import taxes.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'm sure there are information out there on the internet about this subject (price difference between manufacturer --> retail),
but it's certainly not in the AD best interest to disclose carelessly

and it's hard to give a sweeping general statement (on the price difference) as different manufacturers have different price set.

One method you could try and do is set yourself as a potential AD and contacting the manufacturers themselves what their prices are.

Actually, I just remembered, there was a thread not too long ago about this topic ... I'll link it here if/when I find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts