WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the bracelet of my Orient Golden-Eye, which is stainless steel, I have some distinct marks. I can't get them out by using the cloth that comes with all Orients and I'm unsure on how to get them out or how they got there. They aren't colored marks, but they almost look like stains that are invisible unless put under light. I've never spilled food on the watch and I'm not sure how that could come from daily abuse (especially because I only wear the watch about once a week). Is there any way I can clean them off/polish them off? If not, can one get replacement bracelets (or even a rubber strap) for an Orient?

I'll try to post pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hi.
Are the marks on the polished surface or the brushed surface? It's no problem getting marks off stainless steel providing you use the correct method for the type of finish. If it is a polished surface you could try using some metal polish. If it is a brushed finish, a scotchbrite pad or some sandpaper (maybe try 800 depending on how fine the finish is) are good choices. There are plenty of other choices too and some made just for the job. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts