WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anybody knows about this brand, the movement they use. I know they produced decent watches in the past but I am not sure about the new company. Any Information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
According to their website, Marvin uses a variety of movements like ETA, Sellita, Soprod, Dubois-Dépraz, and Ronda.

Here's a good history of the brand: A Brief History of Marvin Watches - The Baily Blog

Looks like the brand disappeared during the quartz crisis, and the brand name was purchased and re-opened in 2002. In 2007 the new lineup was introduced. So Marvin is a young watch startup, producing some interesting affordable luxury pieces.

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in the store the other day and checked some of the Marvin watches. They look really good and nicely finished. The price is really affordable.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I am just wandering if they are worth buying?
This is a fairly new brand so it won't have much name recognition and may not hold its value well if you're looking to sell, but this could change as the brand begins to establish a reputation. There are many brands offering watches with similar movements in the same price range. It's ultimately your call, if a specific watch sings to you then absolutely go for it.

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was inclined to buy Marvin m112. It is little bit big but really looks great. Another choice could be Frederic Constant but they do not have anything pure manual winding. The prices of these two brands are relatively the same. I am looking for something classic Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I was inclined to buy Marvin m112. It is little bit big but really looks great. Another choice could be Frederic Constant but they do not have anything pure manual winding. The prices of these two brands are relatively the same. I am looking for something classic Any Ideas?
How about a Stowa Marine Original? 41mm, Unitas 6498 manual wind, exactly the same price as the Marvin M112 (748 Euro, there is no VAT assuming you're ordering from the US)

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be having difficulties to find this watch in Canada,:) Another thing is I don't like Arabic numerals that much, even though the watch looks nice. My problem is that I am looking for something really respectable and classy ( not spending a fortune on it) simple design.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts