WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Since I have started to collect a small number of watches I find myself setting a watch almost every day or at least every third day. Sometimes, if I wear a different watch in the evening, I will set two watches in one day.
I'm using the U.S. Navy atomic clock website right now, but was considering getting some sort orf radio controlled clock to use.
Any suggestions as to what y'all are using?

Thanks

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,056 Posts
I use either time.gov or I just force the laptop to synchronize with the NIST site before using the computer clock. Before that I used a Radio Shack lcd desk clock that with a complete display that showed time of last radio update. And before that when I was into radio I used either the 60khz longwave or one of the shortwave audio broadcasts to set my watch.

A radio controlled clock could certainly be used for precise setting of your watch. Just be sure it an indicator that shows the clock was synchronized recently.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I use a smartphone clock app since it's synced to GPS and mobile network signals.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
I use Emerald Time on my iPhone. It samples several NTP servers and compensates for variations in the devices internal clock so there's no latency.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts