WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the JLC site and the Master Extreme lineup no longer shows.

Can navigate to the old page below but no watches are shown. Can't use the filter either.

Master Extreme? | Jaeger-LeCoultre

I guess the Polaris lineup has replaced Master Extreme as their sport watches but I wonder if this is how JLC will roll going forward. The Master Extreme lineup did have some nice models but there wasn't any design consistency across the watches. It was more the lineup for a mixture of models and design, an avenue for them to experiment. With it gone, I wonder if there won't be any more 'experimenting' or if another line will emerge.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's a shame...
Personally I really like that line. The designs can be a bit polarized? Many of those pieces look borderline ridiculous---but I actually like the fact that a very low key and restrained brand like JLC make something loud and excessive.
I'm still not convinced by the Polaris line...The Polaris Date is perhaps my fav, but overall they all feel quite bland to me..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its a shame because even if some people disliked the designs these were innovative and represent JLC much better than the Polaris line. Master extreme had the easy strap release, the compressor crown, ceramic and cermet cases, the extreme labs, some complications and over engineered cases.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
JLC needs to be more innovative in trying to branch out past the dress watch market. I wasn't a particular fan of the Extreme line, but the Polaris reintroduction leaves me wanting more as far as a sports watch goes.

And until they do, I will wait by the sideline.

·
Registered
31,976 Posts
JLC needs to be more innovative in trying to branch out past the dress watch market. I wasn't a particular fan of the Extreme line, but the Polaris reintroduction leaves me wanting more as far as a sports watch goes.

And until they do, I will wait by the sideline.
This!! Times infinity!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts