WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I'm trying to figure out how many of my memovox 144.8.94 were made. I havnt seen many with the same specific silver dial and was curious if someone had any ideas. I once heard around 500 were made with this dial, however the stamp says 528. If anyone has any info on this watch I would appreciate it. Thanks Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
My reply won't be any help for you because I DON'T KNOW.
but that is a beautiful Memovox I'll tell you that.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Don't have the answer though I have something similar . . . from the numbers on my case back, 500 would seem plausible, possibly of each iteration in the past

Attachments

Reactions: Longjean

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
If they say only 500, then yours is obviously junk. Send it to me for proper disposal.

Possible that the model had 500 of each dial produced, but they numbered them according to the overall production of the model.
And what is the 1000 hours all about?

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
The 1000 Hours Control

Métier horloger: les tests de montres Contrôle 1000 heures de Jaeger-LeCoultre

Before being admitted to the outside world, Jaeger-LeCoultre watches have to pass the 1000 Hours Control. This series of extremely rigorous tests is much stricter than the standards imposed by the Bureaux du Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres, the COSC, which checks the movements without their cases and without complications. The Manufacture tests and certifies finished watches, reproducing the conditions of real life wear. For 1000 hours - nearly 6 weeks - all the watches have to undergo a series of tough trials. The 1000 Hours Control has established a new standard of watch quality. The buyer of a Jaeger-LeCoultre watch can thus rest assured that he owns a very high quality product of over a century old tradition and a long and meticulous process, in which no detail has been overlooked, and tested to the most exacting standard

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Thanks, gents ^^.

I am slowly becoming a JLC fan: the Memovox rings my bell, and the Geophysic is pretty solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts