WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I spent the last few days putting together a collector's resource for the entire G-Shock "Master of G" line. This includes the Rangeman, Mudmaster/Mudman, Frogman, Gulfmaster, and Gravitymaster. It has charts comparing all of the sizes and capabilities, and I've included as many limited edition watches as I could find.

It also pulls live market prices for all of the models from Amazon, which is kind of fun to see (Red Frogman GF-8250-9JF is $5049? lol)

It's located here: Master of G: A Comprehensive Casio G-Shock Collector's Guide

Would love feedback from dedicated collector's on any errors or omissions, or requests for any additional data you'd like to see. Hope it's useful!

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Wow, there's a lot of useful information there. Looks great!! :-!

I haven't looked at it in detail yet, but will!

Looks like a super resource for those looking to get into the Master of G line, or upgrade to another watch within the line. Great job!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Awesome! I love the models in this line. Kinda out of my budget currently, but i may have come across a g9300-1 mudman i can afford in great condition i may snag it. Really want a frogman

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Respect for the effort, it must have been time consuming, but I bet it was fun as well!
And thanks for a great all in one info about the master series

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Thanks for putting this together.

You may want to add a column for moon phase (or age). As far as I know, all Gs with a tide graph also have moon phase (or age), but some Gs have moon phase but no tide graph, like the GW-9300 and G-9300.

The GW-9300 should be under Mudman rather than Mudmaster, and it does have Multiband 6. There is also a G-9300 Mudman that does not have Multiband 6. There are other Mudman models as well, like the G-9000 and the GW-9010.

The Gulfman models are also missing, like the GW-9110, GR-9110 and others.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, last column is moonphase, is it not showing up for you?

I combined the Mudman and the Mudmaster into the same group, probably shouldn't have but I thought it made sense... Is Gulfman considered part of Master of G? Casio doesn't exactly do a very good job of providing this type of information for their own watches :p Also, if I add Gulfman than I probably need to add Riseman too huh... eff.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Here is what I see using Firefox on Windows 7 (no moon phase column).

Master of G Capabilities Chart (sample).JPG

My understanding is that any G with a name that ends with "man" or "master" is considered a Master of G. The Gulfman is included, as is the Riseman, although it may have been discontinued at this point.

Here is a Wikipedia article on Master of G. It's not up to date, but it does include a lot of model names, most of which are discontinued.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_G

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
I took more of a closer look at it, and here are a few thoughts.

In the main "Capabilities" chart, it might be nice to add "Sunrise/sunset" as an item in the chart. It is a valued feature for many, but not found in a large number of Gs. (Rangeman, GWN-Q1000 has it, & offhand can't think of others)

In the "Capabilities" chart, it might be nice to somehow add a column for "special features" that can be explained in more detail elsewhere - perhaps at the bottom of the chart? For ex, the Rangeman has a one-touch, 1,000 hr stopwatch. Also, the Rangeman, and the GWN-Q1000 (and the GWF-D1000 Frog) have the ability to do "Time Stamps" - or, just records of current readings in the sensor modes. (might be nice to see "Time Stamps" as another column in the chart - also very few Gs have this but it is very nice to have)

For the Frogman - suggest that you put all of the GWF-D1000 models on a separate tab... They DO have the depth meter feature, while the GWF-1000 model does not. Also re. the Frog - neither the GWF-1000 nor the GWF-D1000 Frogs have an altimeter or barometer. And the GWF-1000 models do not have a compass. The GWF-D1000 does have a compass, but its other sensors besides bearing are for temperature, and pressure (for the depth meter, does not work above water).

For the GPW-1000, I see one version that I'm aware of that is missing. The GPW-1000RAF-1AJR. Limited Ed, don't believe it is produced anymore.

Great work!!! :-!

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Regarding the Size column, it would be better to use the width rather than the lug-to-lug distance. Using the latter makes the Gulfmasters seem much smaller than the Rangeman, but this isn't the case.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
I took more of a closer look at it, and here are a few thoughts.

In the main "Capabilities" chart, it might be nice to add "Sunrise/sunset" as an item in the chart. It is a valued feature for many, but not found in a large number of Gs. (Rangeman, GWN-Q1000 has it, & offhand can't think of others)

In the "Capabilities" chart, it might be nice to somehow add a column for "special features" that can be explained in more detail elsewhere - perhaps at the bottom of the chart? For ex, the Rangeman has a one-touch, 1,000 hr stopwatch. Also, the Rangeman, and the GWN-Q1000 (and the GWF-D1000 Frog) have the ability to do "Time Stamps" - or, just records of current readings in the sensor modes. (might be nice to see "Time Stamps" as another column in the chart - also very few Gs have this but it is very nice to have)

For the Frogman - suggest that you put all of the GWF-D1000 models on a separate tab... They DO have the depth meter feature, while the GWF-1000 model does not. Also re. the Frog - neither the GWF-1000 nor the GWF-D1000 Frogs have an altimeter or barometer. And the GWF-1000 models do not have a compass. The GWF-D1000 does have a compass, but its other sensors besides bearing are for temperature, and pressure (for the depth meter, does not work above water).

For the GPW-1000, I see one version that I'm aware of that is missing. The GPW-1000RAF-1AJR. Limited Ed, don't believe it is produced anymore.

Great work!!! :-!
wish i scrolled down further in this thread before spending awhile typing almost everything identical to your post t4pn! lol

- combining mudman and mudmaster under mudmaster is definitely confusing and incorrect.
- you have gwd d1000 for the new frog, it should be gwF d1000.
- using the heading "gravity master" is a bit confusing too, it covers a huge range of analog and ana-digis but i dont think any actually have the branding on it, its kind of a vague category for marketing purposes, most ive never seen referred to in the sense of "master of g" series. if you want to keep it, youll need to at least add the ga1000 and the gwa1000 and probably the gw3000 and gw4000
- the standard 1000 frog doesnt have triple sensor, there is also a gf1000 non multiband version. likewise for the 9300 mudman. you might also want to include the specs for the gf82*0 frogs since thats your lead image and the limited section is full of them
- page is borked for me too, i get "tideg" and the rest cut off. using firefox on win8.1

excellent work otherwise man |>

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just updated the guide to have a separate section for the Mudman and it's related models. Working on fixing up the Frogman section next...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice work. Question: is the Gulfman sort of the odd ball of the bunch? I don't see it discussed as much as the rangeman, mudman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Wow, you have done a really great job of that, it looks very professional! :-!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Question: is the Gulfman sort of the odd ball of the bunch? I don't see it discussed as much as the rangeman, mudman.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There were only 3 models of the Gulfman (G9100, GW9100, GW9110) and all three have been discontinued. And that, if we are not taking into account the vintage model, DW9700.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I guess functionally the Gulfman was made redundant, but I always liked it. Good size, good functions. But I sold both of mine a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
There were only 3 models of the Gulfman (G9100, GW9100, GW9110) and all three have been discontinued. And that, if we are not taking into account the vintage model, DW9700.
There is also a GR-9110, which seems to be a non-atomic GW-9110.

Why do you think the GW-9110 is discontinued? It still seems to be widely available, although in the U.S. it's only available as a JDM model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts