Any difference in alarm volume?
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Any idea of the numerals will be white (1a3 like) or grayed (1a1 like)?Yes i did mentioned, the GWG 2000 TOYOTA COLLABORATION is coming in January or maybe on February 2022…The TOYOTA GWG 2000 the band and case is all black with blue accents on the watch case. the dial is black with some red colors.. and if they ever make a Maharishi of the GWG 2000 i definitely will buy one.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picture, please (I'm a 58 yo geezer, too)I removed the leopard print strap on my new WLP mudmaster 1000 as I felt it wasn't the right look for a 58 year old unfashionable greying geezer like me. Fitted a black strap looks better for me and enjoy the gold highlights on the watch.
Do you find the digital display to be easier to read in more lighting situations?Hi there,
my new GWG-2000 says "hello" and compares to her older sister GWG-1000...
View attachment 16257414
View attachment 16257415
View attachment 16257416
View attachment 16257417
View attachment 16257418
View attachment 16257419
View attachment 16257420
View attachment 16257421
View attachment 16257422
View attachment 16257424
View attachment 16257425
View attachment 16257426
View attachment 16257427
View attachment 16257428
Was the gwg-1000 electricity resistant?Well
In another league?! Is it that more legible to you?My 2K. I actually like the forged carbon thing much more than I thought I would. The watch is considerably more comfortable than the 1000. And the screen is in another league.
It could also be the strong omnidirectional store lightingI do not like the sand beige strap at all.
Anyway, managed to snap the old and new models, not much difference in display, may e the angle View attachment 16289374
Your dad had a lovely, poetic way with words.Day 2 with the 2000 - Loving this thing, it's a beast, like my dad used to say it's built like a brick sh_t house.
View attachment 16315285
I think point #4 is due to the former (gwg-1000) having a mediocre negative display. Several members here have stated that the gwg-2k has a better display.Some thoughts thus far.
1. This Muddy is damn pretty. The polish on the inner bezel and on the button edges really make it captivating to look at. As mentioned before, the forged carbon also adds to the visual dynamics and gives it a flavor all its own.
2. Strap is comfy, but part of me wishes it had the same suppleness as my GST. I've yet to find a strap as comfy, but I have a feeling the design focus of the Mudmaster's strap was more about durability.
3. Lume is pretty good, but I don't really care since it has a pretty powerful backlight. Still, nice to see decent lume on a G since it is a bit hard to come by in a lot of models.
4. The negative is great. At this point if you're claiming not to purchase it because of the negative then you're just taking some sort of misguided principled stance or it is about aesthetics for you because there aren't any legibility issues, at least to my eyes. I have the black version so as long as it is functional, I prefer the negative since it more easily integrates with the rest of the dial.
5. I really like how they made the solar panels into something more organic that actually is aesthetically pleasing and really adds something to the overall refinement. Simply put, it looks cool.
6. The hands are nicely finished. The paint, lume, and different levels of finish (the mode indicator in particular) make it very legible and again lend it another level of refinement.
7. It is kind of a weird mix of contradictions. The carbon fiber construction makes it lighter and more wearable, but then a SS bezel is tossed on it. It is meant to be one of the biggest and baddest monsters out there made to take abuse and anything you can throw at it, yet they dolled it up with stainless steel and polish. I don't care and I like all these new design choices, but interesting nonetheless. Just because it is made to go to hell and back doesn't mean it has to look like hell, right?
So yeah, it gets high points from me. I didn't think I would care about not having BT, but I kind of forgot you have to do everything with that smart crown. So annoying, but whatever. I only use the stopwatch and compass so it doesn't really matter since I won't ever need to meddle with it again now that I have everything setup the way I want it. I like having the crown for aesthetic reasons though, but man, I wish it was like the ana-Frog where you have the BT as an option.
Is this material more prone to chipping than the resin?No way…
I mailed my supplier because I already have a small chip where the top screw goes.
Bummer. I want the workhorse of the 1k and the brighter display of the 2k.It’s like a dot sized chip. Luckily its not really noticeable because its at the edge. I’ll try to take a photo of it this week.
The carbon fiber is still cured or mixed with epoxy/resin type of glue. It looks like they used chopped carbon fiber and then molded it into the lug forms.
I think that the use of forged carbon fiber on the bezel parts is more from a design and marketing point of view. It looks pretty, but a regular resin piece should function the same.
Since the parts consists of epoxy/resin, it still acts the same as any other hard resin/plastic parts. Meaning, it scratches and dings and chipping will occur when you hit it on something sharp or pointy, like rocks or straight edges.
As others have said before, the 1k is a work horse and the 2k a show horse, especially if the carbon parts are 100 usd a piece, while a basic 1k bezel is like 10 usd.
I had it already. In most of the lighting situations I wore it in, the display wasn't easy enough to read quickly for my decrepit eyes.Go for the 1000. It's a beast. The display is not bad at all. Don't understand the complain about it.
So, you feel yours is very viewing angle independent?Yes, I noticed that too.
I don't have a GWG-1000 but I have the GWG-2000. I'm not sure if the GWG-2K has an STN display but its LCD screen is almost as good as my Gulfmaster and GST's displays, which are.
I wasn't wondering why more members don't own gwg-2ks. I know there are at least a half dozen owners here (some with multiple). I just haven't seen many posted recently.If you already own a 1k, which a lot of people do, then why would you get one? I'm not sure the cosmetic upgrades justify the purchase for the majority. I didn't own one, so it made sense for me, but I understand why others wouldn't and why they'd seem less prevalent.
I like to read while on the bowl.Sh*t or get off the pot.
You're one of the few here that doesn't see any significant improvement in the display's off-angle and dim light readability.I'm still not convinced in the LCD. It's definitely a newer version (reminds me of the quad Gulfy). The Illuminator is much much better. Like night and day better .
Anyway, intergenerational comparison but not quite the same angle.