WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,628 Posts

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Would love to see another Maharishi collab with the new GWG-2000.
Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Watch accessory

· Registered
6,628 Posts
I've been very keen on the sand 2000 since I first saw the 3 new models released. Sakura Watches had by far the best price I've seen and I put in a 'Send Request' thing where you give your email and they notify you when in stock. That was around October 8 or 10. I read somewhere about Oct 15 release date, so I kept regularly checking their site from that day onwards; I'm talking multiple refreshes a day. Never saw any change in status of the sand watch (always just 'send request'), while the other 2 were in stock, then out, then back in.

I emailed them about a week ago and they said they don't have it, aren't getting it and it's discontinued. I asked if he was sure we're talking about same watch - how could it be discontinued 12 days after official release date. I think he may have his terminology or status mixed up but he was insistent they aren't getting any of the sand model. I didn't want to take any chances that he was mixed up, so went elsewhere, paid a bit more on eBay but will be getting it in a few days (currently in transit).
That's Sakura's lazy way of saying they ain't getting it back in stock, lol.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Yep but doesn't look like they ever had it in stock. They also seem to have no desire to remove the 'Send Request' option, which will only annoy the hopeful who aren't aware they're going nowhere fast with that option.

EDIT - just looked at Sakura site.....kept calling it 'Send Request' which is the next step......the status I meant to refer to was 'Pre-order'
Yeah, I realized over the years that Sakura's not an actual shop. They are a middleman between a bunch of Japan-based retailers and customers. So sometimes they are "hopeful" they will acquire a piece but won't be able to. Ultimately I forgive them though because their prices are often very competitive.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Just landed. Love the watch but slightly annoyed I didn’t get the fancy Master of G packaging. Just got one of those basic boxes you get with the $150 G’s. Not sure if the eBay seller (from Japan) short-changed me or whether that’s normal in certain situations.

Any thoughts on whether I need to follow up with the seller? Don’t want to get too bogged down on a smaller issue but if I’m entitled to it why not?

View attachment 16219413 View attachment 16219414 View attachment 16219415 View attachment 16219416
Merv, did the watch come with a tag verifying that it's a Japanese region watch ("JF")? If so, I think it's worth following up with the seller. I remember something like this happened to @Time4Playnow a few years back when he purchased a Pro Trek Manaslu from a Japanese seller and the watch arrived without the trademark green lacquer wood Manaslu box. T4P inquired about it and the seller shipped him the correct box. Definitely worth it in his case.
Rectangle Box Gadget Font Tints and shades

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. (y)

Here are a couple of pics. The tags and manual look like the JDM version that I got with other recent purchases from Japan, but unlike my D-Frog and Rangeman, I didn’t get the Master of G packaging.

Just want to confirm I’m not missing any logical reason for this…..you think worth querying seller?

I noticed that his sales ad had only generic Mudmaster pics when I ordered it, but after he ordered at his end and got it in stock he updated with actual watch pics. His listing said only one available, so his updated pics were obviously of my watch. No big deal, I’m not concerned, but thought I’d point out that I’m 99% sure he took my watch out of the packaging to photograph.

View attachment 16219641 View attachment 16219642
Yeah, looks like they definitely switched the packaging on you. I have a feeling that quite a few of these Japan-based sellers do this to pay less on shipping. Honestly, these boxes just sit in a closet for me so I don't really care about the packaging as long as the watch is flawless, but it could become an issue if you ever decide to sell the watch. I would inquire about it just to see what they say. Anyways, beautiful watch regardless, Merv.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Unfortunately I'm struggling with the comfort of my new sand coloured MM. I'm in between holes frustratingly. If I use 4th from last hole it flops around too much and is only good when weather or wrist gets very warm (so no good 90% of time). If I use 5th from last hole then it's snug to the point that it will leave multiple inprint marks all over my wrist after not too long (that's just in moderate weather....not a good fit at all if warm).

On top of the between holes dilemna I'm finding that the wings often pinch my hair....at least I think it's the wings that are causing it (pretty sure). My wrist is 7.25 inches and I suspect the wings are more beneficial for guys with smaller wrists as it helps to bring in the lugs and reduce excess space under lugs. For my wrist size I don't particularly need them for that purpose.

My recent D-Frog fits beautifully at all times on 6th from last hole and I never need to adjust. Unfortunately with the new GWG-2K I'm already considering flipping for the 1k. I have read a few guys saying they're in between holes on 2k but good on 1k, and have also ready guys with 7.25 inch wrist saying 1k was very comfortable. I'm seriously thinking of going in that direction and flipping for the 1k.
This appears to be a common complaint about this watch. That's a shame because they look quite nice. I guess I'll have to try before I buy on these.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Can't wait to see what kinda fun colorways come out for this watch come G-SHOCK 40th anniversary. Be still my quaking wallet! :p

· Registered
6,628 Posts
I had it already. In most of the lighting situations I wore it in, the display wasn't easy enough to read quickly for my decrepit eyes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Just get a GBD-200, Groucho. You'll save $600 and have Casio's best display to date. Solar and atomic are overrated anyway. :p
Watch Product Clock Finger Analog watch

· Registered
6,628 Posts
I've been looking for that one, it's not on the g Shock Canada website, is there a good seller that has them?
Macy's has it but I don't believe they ship to Canada. Right Time also has it, and I think they do, so they might be your best bet if you want it for MSRP ($150). This is a limited colorway so it will be marked up on many sites.

Reactions: FROG

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Think a Maharishi now coming soon. So I’m just holding off at moment. Will see price and design first and decide from there I think. TLC is nice and cool, but every G now is want not need. So I’m trying!!!! to be a bit more stand back and enjoy ones I have. The 2k’s now only get worn once a week for a few hours . More I add , even less.
Plus I have other bad habits to feed 😅
Wait until the G-SHOCK 40th anniversary hits. There will be some amazing colorways for this watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts