After a week on the wrist, the watch is AWESOME
Congrats and wear in good health. From many now who prefer the 1k. I am finding now they have tried the 2k, things start fitting into place. The 2k is more classy, lighter, slimmer, imo comfortable with the softer strap. Display more legible and the forged carbon bespoke to each mud is very nice.Finally got it. I gotta say, it is one good looking watch and it wears like a dream. It is so light and significantly thinner than my gg-b100. I understand the complaint that it doesn't offer any new functionality, buy the cosmetic differences really set it apart and made it worth purchasing. I never bought the 1000 because I preferred the look of my gg-b100, but the new subtle (not so subtle actually) tweaks really changed things for me. Absolutely love this guy and cannot wait to bang it around on some hikes.
View attachment 16332551
View attachment 16332553
View attachment 16332554
Awesome! Yeah, a lot of people were down on the forged carbon, but I think it looks amazing. Probably one if my favorite aspects. Totally agree about the gw-9400. I think we will see that this year hopefully. I do miss the cool casebacks though.Congrats and wear in good health. From many now who prefer the 1k. I am finding now they have tried the 2k, things start fitting into place. The 2k is more classy, lighter, slimmer, imo comfortable with the softer strap. Display more legible and the forged carbon bespoke to each mud is very nice.
Would love to see this on a new rangeman.
I love both, although both gwg and ABC, that’s it! Totally different to wear and cosmetically .
Meal out with the 🥷2k
Some desert 2k👊🏻
Happy new year mud masters ❤🙏🏻❤
Hi bro, can you take a wristshot again with a far angle? I want to see it from the distance.My GWG2000 saying hi! So far this watch dominate all wrist time.
Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Far angle? Is this pic okie?Hi bro, can you take a wristshot again with a far angle? I want to see it from the distance.
Hi bro, really apreciate this pict.Far angle? Is this pic okie?
Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
I think point #4 is due to the former (gwg-1000) having a mediocre negative display. Several members here have stated that the gwg-2k has a better display.Some thoughts thus far.
1. This Muddy is damn pretty. The polish on the inner bezel and on the button edges really make it captivating to look at. As mentioned before, the forged carbon also adds to the visual dynamics and gives it a flavor all its own.
2. Strap is comfy, but part of me wishes it had the same suppleness as my GST. I've yet to find a strap as comfy, but I have a feeling the design focus of the Mudmaster's strap was more about durability.
3. Lume is pretty good, but I don't really care since it has a pretty powerful backlight. Still, nice to see decent lume on a G since it is a bit hard to come by in a lot of models.
4. The negative is great. At this point if you're claiming not to purchase it because of the negative then you're just taking some sort of misguided principled stance or it is about aesthetics for you because there aren't any legibility issues, at least to my eyes. I have the black version so as long as it is functional, I prefer the negative since it more easily integrates with the rest of the dial.
5. I really like how they made the solar panels into something more organic that actually is aesthetically pleasing and really adds something to the overall refinement. Simply put, it looks cool.
6. The hands are nicely finished. The paint, lume, and different levels of finish (the mode indicator in particular) make it very legible and again lend it another level of refinement.
7. It is kind of a weird mix of contradictions. The carbon fiber construction makes it lighter and more wearable, but then a SS bezel is tossed on it. It is meant to be one of the biggest and baddest monsters out there made to take abuse and anything you can throw at it, yet they dolled it up with stainless steel and polish. I don't care and I like all these new design choices, but interesting nonetheless. Just because it is made to go to hell and back doesn't mean it has to look like hell, right?
So yeah, it gets high points from me. I didn't think I would care about not having BT, but I kind of forgot you have to do everything with that smart crown. So annoying, but whatever. I only use the stopwatch and compass so it doesn't really matter since I won't ever need to meddle with it again now that I have everything setup the way I want it. I like having the crown for aesthetic reasons though, but man, I wish it was like the ana-Frog where you have the BT as an option.
Bro, just to share with you that there will be 3rd party strap adapter (24mm spring bar) coming up soon. If you can wait, do wait for for the adapter (i had to throw away straps due to error in cutting!)Hi bro, really apreciate this pict.
This is damn cool, absolutely I will get a black resin to
The sand beige strap is okay, but the black strap give a totaly different vibe, good for rotation.
The negative display on GWG-1000 is perfectly fine. Don't understand the complain about it. I actually like it better. The display on 2000 has a greenish hue which I don't like.I think point #4 is due to the former (gwg-1000) having a mediocre negative display. Several members here have stated that the gwg-2k has a better display.
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I’ve got 2 metal keepers from my Rangeman that you can have if you want them. I switched them for some resin keepers that I got trough Amazon, which are much tighter and don’t move at all. PM me if you want them. I think the straps are the same width.Aw man, now I want a metal keeper
well it will definitely be more expensive to replace the bezel part than GWG-1000. Just these 2 pieces cost more than $200 according to Pacparts.Curious to see how it ages when the bumpers and lugs are all scratched and chipped.
Will it add to the battle look or will it look cheap.
I already enquired if those parts are available to order and what the damage will be.
No way…well it will definitely be more expensive to replace the bezel part than GWG-1000. Just these 2 pieces cost more than $200 according to Pacparts.
View attachment 16339410