WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
After much deliberation, I have finally decided to make my first major purchase in a few months time to celebrate my wedding. I've decided that I like the Rolex datejust 116234 blue dial with jubilee strap best as pictured here.

Now, I have recently seen this blue dial day date in the AD
that unfortunately, because it costs >3 times the price of the 116234, I won't be getting it. I do however, love the blue alligator strap and am looking for a similarly high quality one to match the blue 116234 with the clasp as well.

I would love some recommendations from you guys if possible as to which ones are really nice and high quality made straps, and perhaps a URL of where to buy it. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Julian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Try the the Strap and Bracelet Forum....The guys there will have great insight....Good luck and good hunting.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Maybe a Rios1931 alligator in Rios "Ocean Blue" color...
I've got a customized one for my blue AT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

·
Registered
29,121 Posts
Try the the Strap and Bracelet Forum....The guys there will have great insight....Good luck and good hunting.
Good advice.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice guys, AAMC, oddly enough, that blue AT was one of the big decisions I had to weigh my watch options against before deciding on the rolex!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Julian / mrchan,

I had a similar view / plan as yours (re: matching blue strap with 116234) and read your other thread (importing strap into Australia) with amusement. Anyway just wondering if you can share your experiences:

1. Did you consider getting a second hand 16234? If so, how did you make the decision between 16234 vs 116234? I know the differences (e.g. dial index, polish, price, etc) however have not been able to make my mind up.
2. Did you manage to get the straps? If so, any pics?
3. Did you get the end-links? If not, why not. If yes, and recommendations? (e.g. rolexendlinks.com)
4. I've seen 116234 seller pics with either president or oyster bracelet - which one did you get?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Julian / mrchan,

I had a similar view / plan as yours (re: matching blue strap with 116234) and read your other thread (importing strap into Australia) with amusement. Anyway just wondering if you can share your experiences:

1. Did you consider getting a second hand 16234? If so, how did you make the decision between 16234 vs 116234? I know the differences (e.g. dial index, polish, price, etc) however have not been able to make my mind up.
2. Did you manage to get the straps? If so, any pics?
3. Did you get the end-links? If not, why not. If yes, and recommendations? (e.g. rolexendlinks.com)
4. I've seen 116234 seller pics with either president or oyster bracelet - which one did you get?

Thanks in advance.
While this is a super late reply, I ended up getting the beautiful 116234 because it was polished all over and it looks absolutely superb!

Problems arose when i tried to buy a leather strap for it..
1. Bought some super awesome alligator strap for it from ABP but they were not able to get it to fit my watch with end links.
2. Endlinks are important because the case edges are very sharp and will absolutely destroy any single leather strap you attach it to it around the part where it connects to the main case itself.
3. I haven't found a strap thin enough to wear it with the 116234 and end links. So in that regard, it was a bit of a failure.
4. I think I am resigned to wearing it with the beautiful jubilee bracelet. Don't think that any leather strap will fit it with the end links unfortunately..

ps. I've also had the end links thinned out as much as possible and yet barely any straps fit it.
ps 2: ABP has failed me..they tried thinning it out as much as possible but the strap just wouldn't fit with the end links. Which is what I specifically requested when i custom ordered the strap. I may have to get a refund..

Overall, an awesomely beautiful watch that the only regret is that you can't really use it with any other straps. I mean you could with Nato straps but not with nice alligator or croc straps with end links.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Don't resign. Contact Dangerous 9 and it will be customized to the millimeter. If pictures are worth 1000 words you will see his artistry at play. I searched for weeks to find the best strap maker and I think the guy there John is hard to beat. His leather quality is impeccable, great customer service, and everyone on the forum seems pleased with the results.

For full disclosure I have ordered from him but haven't received deliver so I haven't seen a strap in person yet. However there was just a post yesterday basically saying the same thing about D9. It ain't cheap and it's a 10-13 week order time. But check out these results.

image.jpeg

This this is what I purchased(I.e. Similar model). Check out the integrated fit to the slaps and lugs

image.jpeg

This what a forum member just posted and wrote a review. Check out that hide. That's like Scarlett Jo Jo hide. Top notch! super plump.

image.jpeg

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
Maybe a Rios1931 alligator in Rios "Ocean Blue" color...
I've got a customized one for my blue AT
Awesome strap. I have that same one on the SBGA127.

·
Registered
3 Posts
While this is a super late reply, I ended up getting the beautiful 116234 because it was polished all over and it looks absolutely superb!

Problems arose when i tried to buy a leather strap for it..
1. Bought some super awesome alligator strap for it from ABP but they were not able to get it to fit my watch with end links.
2. Endlinks are important because the case edges are very sharp and will absolutely destroy any single leather strap you attach it to it around the part where it connects to the main case itself.
3. I haven't found a strap thin enough to wear it with the 116234 and end links. So in that regard, it was a bit of a failure.
4. I think I am resigned to wearing it with the beautiful jubilee bracelet. Don't think that any leather strap will fit it with the end links unfortunately..

ps. I've also had the end links thinned out as much as possible and yet barely any straps fit it.
ps 2: ABP has failed me..they tried thinning it out as much as possible but the strap just wouldn't fit with the end links. Which is what I specifically requested when i custom ordered the strap. I may have to get a refund..

Overall, an awesomely beautiful watch that the only regret is that you can't really use it with any other straps. I mean you could with Nato straps but not with nice alligator or croc straps with end links.
Thanks for the response and no it's never too late! it must have been fate because I never followed through with this plan and was just thinking about it again and thought I'd check this thread (it's 5am here) and lo and behold you replied just an hour ago.

I saw Castors reply regarding D9 and I'll do some research and give it another consideration.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Great choice! I have couple of Rolexes but came across this model recently. I know your post was a while ago. How do you like your 116234?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts