WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to certain if we talked about this before? If so it been awhile anyway. How many of us match our watches to what we're wearing? Mostly this would apply To the office worker, But if your not and your in this group then feel free to join in. Ok you would normally match your watch to your belt, shoes and for some Of you real wackos ties right?

Have your ever matched your watches to your clothes? (For the real insanies). This morning (TGIFF) I got up and looked at my new Bathys Benthic which I just got On Tuesday after a long wait. Now its all PVD with a Black MOP dial with a black rubber strap. I go to work everyday in a suit, and I have a problem with wearing A rubber strap with in. IMO it just doesn't look right. On Fridays I still dress professional even though it’s a casual day. The same attire minus the jacket and tie. Now I'm looking at this watch in the winder, and I'm thinking too myself I need to wear it cause I haven't been able to all week. So I decided to match what I was wearingTo the Benthic. Outcome Black -shirt,shoes,belt,socks and dark grey pants with black strips!

Sorry for rambling just wanted to share my morning struggles!:roll:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Never had to think about it much because my work is casual. It's a good thing, because most of these would not fit under a shirt cuff.

BTW - have you seen the "CEO watch shirts" with the cut-out for for a watch <| tacky IMO.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Okey doke.. gotta come clean on this one.

Made it a project to assemble divers that would coordinate w/ whatever shirt & tie I wore to work. I'd previously worn the same black dialed diver for 20yrs.. felt like some color. (sounded like a good idea at the time).

Ended up feeling like a lightweight once I had em all together. Got it out of my system pretty quickly!

:roll:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yup, matching a diver watch to a neoprene suit is a real pain. :-d

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Danny, that's a great photo! Looks like some kind of horologic PIP!:-d

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
What's great being retired is half the day I have to coordinate with being nude in the pool, lol.

And then I have to coordinate with my Skechers sandals, HD T-Shirt and whatever shorts are clean. I miss the days of more 'formal' attire when all i had to do was coordinate with gray, blue, black or brown - NOT!

So I say wear what you like. What are your office people so insecure they are going to ostracize you for having a diver with a suit? Don't fit, get a bigger sleeve! lol

paul:-!:-!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Isn't that a TV show .

":-dQueer eye for the watch guy:-d:-d:-d:-d"

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Okey doke.. gotta come clean on this one.

Made it a project to assemble divers that would coordinate w/ whatever shirt & tie I wore to work. I'd previously worn the same black dialed diver for 20yrs.. felt like some color. (sounded like a good idea at the time).

Ended up feeling like a lightweight once I had em all together. Got it out of my system pretty quickly!

:roll:

That is funny....for the record, I think that Tudorfish was the coollest mod ever, and was sorry to see the next owner change the handso|:rodekaart

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
:-d
What's great being retired is half the day I have to coordinate with being nude in the pool, lol.

And then I have to coordinate with my Skechers sandals, HD T-Shirt and whatever shorts are clean. I miss the days of more 'formal' attire when all i had to do was coordinate with gray, blue, black or brown - NOT!

So I say wear what you like. What are your office people so insecure they are going to ostracize you for having a diver with a suit? Don't fit, get a bigger sleeve! lol

paul:-!:-!
You stink... I'm so jealous of retired people that I drive around with my left blinker on in the fast lane going at least 10 miles under the speed limit just to pretend I'm retired :-d

As far as matching what I wear with a watch, I work in a compound where we wear shorts and running shoes 90% of the time. The other 10% is BDU uniforms, so pretty much anything subdued works...

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
That is funny....for the record, I think that Tudorfish was the coollest mod ever, and was sorry to see the next owner change the handso|:rodekaart
Ok hearing that just made my day a little worse. To hear that you no longer have that gorgeous watch, and then, to hear someone changed the hands. Argh!!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
No no no.. Next guy didn't change hands. Kent made & installed a few more of these dials. I can think of at least a couple more out there w/ different hands. The Tudorfish is still intact.

|>

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wear scrubs to work everyday, so I really don't pay attention. When I come in for our Admin meetings, I try to look nice, but I still don't care if I match. I'd like to think that if I ever really got dressed up I would be careful that everything matched, but I haven't wore a tie in years. Of course, my idea of "really dressed up" is probably what alot of you wear to work every day.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
No no no.. Next guy didn't change hands. Kent made & installed a few more of these dials. I can think of at least a couple more out there w/ different hands. The Tudorfish is still intact.

|>
Calm down everyone! The Tudorfish (aka the Snowfish) is OK b-)

No one will be changing anything on this baby :-!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Shane that was brutal.. Most of us arent dressed in pure stealth diving around the world in search of bad guys! Well not legally anyway ;)
Pasquale, seriously i have NEVER in my life thought I will wear a watch that matches my attire NEVER.:-d:-d:-d:-d just having FUN

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I like to wear PVD when im out driving the all blacked out C6

1 - 20 of 31 Posts