WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into a small watch store the other day and talked with the watchmaker. She has a lot of schooling behind her. She was telling me that it was hard for her to get any parts now from the Swatch Group.....that they only want their own service centers working on the ETA stuff. I think she said that only one place in Seattle could even get parts for Seiko (or was it Rolex?). Anyway, she said it was getting bad - and will even be more difficult for her when more companies put out their in-house movements.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Matchmaker? So she hooks you up with people AND fixes your watches? What a unique skillset!

-s-

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Can you forward her number please? My watches are all working fine, but im hoping to meet a nice lady from Seattle.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I dont forsee a problem with that...if Swatch Group were to stop selling OEM parts to distributors it would be a disaster for their business. Its like a car manufacturer not selling parts for a popular model.

I've seen tons of ETA/mechanical parts available at www.ofrei.com and www.julesborel.com

Sounds like she's not looking hard enough to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts