WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know is against all common sense to buy a repainted black dial watch...

i think this one is at least, a funny repainting job...

WATCHES SPECTACULAR CUERVO Y SOBRINOS. MATHEMATICAL!!!! - eBay (item 120624255762 end time Sep-27-10 21:05:16 PDT)

what you think?

by the way, i was looking for vintage cuervo y sobrinos.... well investigating them... cuban importers and assemblers... 40's - 50's...

----edit---
to the moderator... sorry if this message should not be posted.. or if it is against rules... you can delete it...

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
That is a very cool dial. I would purchase if the price was right.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
the vast majority of CyS available on the web are redials - not to my taste. In particular, the "Unicos Importadores" is applied very liberally, and unless the watch is a Roskopf or Longines (of which CyS really were sole importers), pretty much guarantees that the watch is a redial.

Gatorcpa brought to my attention this very informative post on spanish language forum Relojes especiales - perhaps you already know it: Relojes Vintage Cuervo y Sobrinos (Cuba) - Historia

It's the best I've seen on the jeweler.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
to the moderator... sorry if this message should not be posted.. or if it is against rules... you can delete it...
Hi. Its fine to post links to watches of interest on ebay or elsewhere for discussion purposes. What's against the rules is to draw attention to one that you (or a friend) have for sale.

Very interesting dial.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. Its fine to post links to watches of interest on ebay or elsewhere for discussion purposes. What's against the rules is to draw attention to one that you (or a friend) have for sale.
Ok, then it's ok... i do not know this guy... i just thought it was fun.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
the vast majority of CyS available on the web are redials - not to my taste. In particular, the "Unicos Importadores" is applied very liberally, and unless the watch is a Roskopf or Longines (of which CyS really were sole importers), pretty much guarantees that the watch is a redial.

Gatorcpa brought to my attention this very informative post on spanish language forum Relojes especiales - perhaps you already know it: Relojes Vintage Cuervo y Sobrinos (Cuba) - Historia

It's the best I've seen on the jeweler.
There is indeed a group in South America that is actively producing CyS redials. Several weeks ago I looked and it was almost impossible to find a genuine CyS on eBay.

Some of the redials are genuinely silly. Like this one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hola Rodolfo (rcmx)

Pretty interesting dial !!, but as stated by others be careful with those C y S on Ebay

BTW check the link in RE (Relojes Especiales) that LouS mentioned above, is a must!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts