WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the announcement of the new Pontos S that made me contact Maurice Lacroix about their Pontos S collection. It wasn't the first time I heard and read about their Pontos watches. Here is one of the best reviews written by OceanicTime, who is also a member of Watchuseek and writes about dive watches all the time.

Anyhow, this new Pontos S watch triggered me and published about it in our Baselworld Forum:

Obviously Maurice Lacroix could not send me a sample of this new Pontos S Extreme, but they managed to get me a beautiful Pontos S Blue diver:

Was I impressed when I opened the package? Oh, yes, definitely. This is a very masculine watch, perfect diameter and height, at least for my wrist. But, don't be surprised to see the watch on a woman's wrist at the end of this post...

The way Maurice Lacroix changes the line with the different colors can be a little, well, a variety on one theme, isn't always the right thing to do, if you know what I mean. But unlike other brands, Maurice Lacroix was not afraid to do so, resulting in a Pontos S with the blue accents, red, orange, and in white:

I wore the watch for two days, and, not really used to Nato straps (all my watches are either on a leather strap or steel bracelet), I must say it wears extremely comfortable. By the way, Maurice Lacroix offers a nato straps that closes like any leather strap, and not like the particular Nato straps you may be used to. The buckle has the Maurice Lacroix "M" engraved:

Like the other Pontos S models, the Nato strap that comes with the watch is in the same color setting as the watch itself. Blue stripes on a black Nato for the Blue Pontos S.

One of the most attractive parts of the Maurice Lacroix, apart from the blue marking for the first 15 minutes on the dial (between "12" and "3"), the tip of the chrono seconds hand, and the blue on the minute hand, must be the blue ring of the upper pusher:

for me it is an eye-catcher, one that makes you want to understand why it is there, while the other blue markings are for design purposes (at least for me). Well, that upper pusher has two functions: one is to start the chromo function of the Pontos, the other is to turn the inner dive bezel. How cool's that? Pretty cool, and very easy to operate.

That pusher is also very photogenic :)

Maybe the picture above shows best how the inner bezel can be turned. It needs the ring around the pusher to be pushes down and then turned.

Maybe the following pictures of the back of the watch makes the blue ring even stand out more:

You may notice that this watch is water resistant to 20 Atm or 200 meters. So was this watch designed, and produced for the serious diver? No, I guess not, since they would probably want better specs. But like all dive watches out there, I wonder how many customers are really divers, and if they are, if they would take this watch with them on their next dive? I'd be interested to find out, so feel free to comment on this. Personally I am one of the many desk-divers :)

And according to this video by Maurice Lacroix, they might have aimed more to sportsmen, rather than to divers?

Another view on the case back with the Nato strap behind it. Did I mention already that Maurice Lacroix succeeded to have a great buckle on this strap?

Enough said, this EUR 3000+ watch is highly recommended, because it offers a lot of value for your money, plus it offers the owner lots of joy and many looks on the wrist.

Couple of more pictures I took from this gorgeous diver to end this photo review:

Remember I told you about the ladies' wrist? Judge for yourself, but I strongly believe this watch can easily be worn by a woman as well. At least mine ;-)

Unfortunately the watch will be returned to Maurice Lacroix this week, but fortunately there is enough to long for. Have you seen their NEW Pontos S Diver, to be launched at Baselworld a well? Can I have the black one please... ?

Maurice-Lacroix-Pontos-S-Gear-Patrol-Full.jpg

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you Maurice Lacroix Germany for providing this watch for review. Sorry to see it go, but very much looking forward to check the novelties at Baselworld in a couple of weeks!

Visit the Maurice Lacroix website.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I like it! An easy one to want to buy multiple flavors of given the color schemes. Really like the three handers. A little bit of Longines Heritage flavor in that black one. Thanks for the review WUS!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
A very fresh design - is there more info on the case material - Powerlite ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Funny that this review pops up, as I've actually been looking at this - in blue no less! I wandered down to the local ML dealer today to try it on, but was closed!

·
Registered
204 Posts
this piece is high on my list at the moment (orange). I gotta say, that piece looks great on a lady's wrist too! Maybe I can talk my wife into wearing it on trips so I have one more watch to wear without carrying it. Nice write-up, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts