WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I've just taken delivery of a Pontos S, the red one!

It comes with a bracelet attached, and an additional nato strap. Now I foolishly assumed that the bracelet would be some clever design which allowed easy removal, or failing that a spring bar tool would be included. Wrong! I took it into the AD today to ask them to swap the bracelet so I could try it with the strap, but they were unable to do it, telling me it needed to be sent away to Maurice Lacroix to be done, which is perfectly ridiculous.

Anyone here have experience of this, or happen to know of a suitable spring bar removal tool. I had my eye on the Bergeon 6111, but open to suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
A picture of the back where the bracelet is attached would be extremely helpful. Congrats on an awesome watch! Great choice.

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've now resolved this, after lots of misinformation from AD about voided warranties etc.

I spoke to one of the guys from Maurice Lacroix, he couldn't believe it was suggested that I return the watch to them for the bracelet to be removed and the NATO strap fitted. So I purchased a Bergeon 6767-F from watchtool.co.uk - there was no point buying the 6111 as the bit I needed was identical on both tools, and that's 3 times the price.

It just arrived and within 5 minutes the bracelet was off and the strap on.

A picture you say? Oh, go on then....

ml.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Go back to the AD and ask if (they) ship their cars back to the auto plant to have the oil changed...The lack of knowledge at AD's can be astonishing...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nice to see that someone actually purchased a Pontos S. I've never seen one in person and I've never received a reply from an AD that had one in stock.

How do you like it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
watchngars - Yes, it wasn't that easy to track down! I'm very impressed, it's a beautiful watch, also the first watch in I've worn in about 10 years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts