WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm choosing among MAURICE LACROIX Pontos, Armand Nicolet M02 and Raymond Weil Freelancer.

Armand Nicolet M02 definitely looks the best to me among 3 of them and the price is quite reasonable. But Armand Nicolet does not have a dealer in my country and it's not very reputable here. Appreciate if someone can share the experience of having this brand and the reputation of Armand Nicolet in your place. thanks =]
9640A-AG-M9140_FXA.jpg maurice-lacroix-pontos-sun-brushed-dial-men_s-watch-pt6158-ss001-19e.jpg product-2780-STC-65001.png

·
Registered
281 Posts
Neither. Oris, Frederique Constant or Longines would be at a somewhat similar price level, but carry much more "brand weight". And would look better IMO.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Guys, I'm choosing among MAURICE LACROIX Pontos, Armand Nicolet M02 and Raymond Weil Freelancer.

Armand Nicolet M02 definitely looks the best to me among 3 of them and the price is quite reasonable. But Armand Nicolet does not have a dealer in my country and it's not very reputable here. Appreciate if someone can share the experience of having this brand and the reputation of Armand Nicolet in your place. thanks =]
View attachment 13139403 View attachment 13139405 View attachment 13139411
The Raymond Weil looks best.

The Maurice Lacroix would look best in a different color.

Edit: What is the latest consensus here on WUS on the open heart? I think if done right it can look good.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The brand cachet of Maurice Lacroix is higher than Oris, Frederique C. and Longines.*

*Not just in my opinion I am merely stating facts here.
Hmmm...very interesting. If this is a fact, what is the authority or objective criteria that confirm your opinion as a fact? To me, stuff like brand cachet is definitely an opinion. Even if something is wide spread, it is still an opinion. Religion is another good example of opinions presented as facts, is this what you are trying to do here? Btw, I do not agree with your opinion about ML. And that's a fact.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Seeing as I'm not a fan of open-hearts, nor gold plating, it's Armand Nicolet FTW. Were the ML fitted with hands/indices in something like blue or black, that would have had my vote.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I think the AN looks best, but other models from ML or RW can probably be had that are just as good looking. If I had to pick a brand, it would be Maurice Lacroix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Armand Nicolet, it’s a lovely watch well built and not commonplace.
I own the M02 myself and wear it regularly, IMO the fit & finish is superb, the guilloche dial remains interesting beyond the initial honeymoon and the eta movement is a proven workhorse. The alligator strap with deployant, my personal choice, is a very nice alternative to the bracelet shown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks bro. Yea, I do like leather strap and I have a few dress watches and alligator with them. I'm just thinking to replace the bracelet with a brown leather strap when winter comes.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Thanks bro. Yea, I do like leather strap and I have a few dress watches and alligator with them. I'm just thinking to replace the bracelet with a brown leather strap when winter comes.
The bracelet on mine was highly polished and very blingy. Might suit some people, but first thing I did was replace it with leather.

RIMG1485.jpg

RIMG0511.jpg

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hmmm...very interesting. If this is a fact, what is the authority or objective criteria that confirm your opinion as a fact? To me, stuff like brand cachet is definitely an opinion. Even if something is wide spread, it is still an opinion. Religion is another good example of opinions presented as facts, is this what you are trying to do here? Btw, I do not agree with your opinion about ML. And that's a fact.
I have no dog in this fight.

However, I consider Maurice Lacroix a proper watchermaker. It is also true that Maurice Lacroix is on the brink of going into administration. I hope they survive.

The other brands that you mentioned are sole movement encasers.*

*By the way: I own a Raymond Weil.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Raymond Weil and a Frederic constant are both owned by Avstev and are not independent at all. Same owner as Alpina. So whoever was harping on before is completely wrong.

AN is independent and makes their own movements in some watches. I’d go with them - verry good quality.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Of the three OP posted I'd go with RW, but IMO you could do better with Swatch Group brands like Hamilton or Longines.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts