WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A MAUTHE WATCH (CASE: APP 7/8" x 1 1/4"). ON THE MOVEMENT IS 1001. THE SECOND HAND IS AT SIX.... 12, 3 AND 9 ARE ROMAN NUMERALS AND THE REST ARE DOTS (ALL IN GOLD); THE BACK HAS THE INITIALS R W WITH AN ANCHOR BETWEEN THEM WITHIN A FINE OUTLINE. ALSO WRITTEN IS WELZ.GOLD.DOUBLE...UNDER THAT IS 20MIKRON AND BENEATH THAT IS EDELSTAHL-BODEN. I NEED HELP IN DETERMINING YEAR OF MFG AS WELL A ROUGH IDEA OF VALUE. IT RUNS WELL. THANK YOU MIMI V. (DIRECT E-ADDRESS IS: [email protected])

·
Moderator at Large
53,032 Posts
I HAVE A MAUTHE WATCH (CASE: APP 7/8" x 1 1/4"). ON THE MOVEMENT IS 1001. THE SECOND HAND IS AT SIX.... 12, 3 AND 9 ARE ROMAN NUMERALS AND THE REST ARE DOTS (ALL IN GOLD); THE BACK HAS THE INITIALS R W WITH AN ANCHOR BETWEEN THEM WITHIN A FINE OUTLINE. ALSO WRITTEN IS WELZ.GOLD.DOUBLE...UNDER THAT IS 20MIKRON AND BENEATH THAT IS EDELSTAHL-BODEN. I NEED HELP IN DETERMINING YEAR OF MFG AS WELL A ROUGH IDEA OF VALUE. IT RUNS WELL. THANK YOU MIMI V. (DIRECT E-ADDRESS IS: [email protected])
We do not give evaluations here on WUS, you will find an explanation why on our Vintage & Pocket Watches Forum (there are two stickies).

Here's the link: https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/vintage-watch-valuations-read-first-7-rules-67379.html

It should read WALZGOLD on the back (= gold plated). Movement should be a "Formwerk" Mauthe 1001 from the mid 50ties.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
The RW with an anchor is the trademark of the casemaker - Rodi &Wienenberger of Pforzheim, Germany - who also make watch bands. They're still going.

Mauthe wristwatches are fairly uncommon. Mauthe was primarily a clockmaker who closed down in 1976. Google 'Mauthe' and click images and you'll mainly see clocks.

My Mauthe is here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/mauthe-384776.html

If its man's watch, it will be of very modest value - but we do not attempt putting a figure on anything in here. If its a ladies watch in gold plate its value is sentimental - sadly there is virtually no demand for such watches at present.:-(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts