WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to start by saying this is not a question of “is my wrist too large for a 36mm watch”. I know that’s been played out, and it’s a subjective thing anyway.

I tried on a Black Bay 36 maybe a year ago, and I think it was a good fit on my 7-inch wrist without any links removed. But I ordered one online, and I want to know if I’ll need to order an extra link for fluctuations. Sooo: what’s the largest wrist out there sporting a BB36 without extra links??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I think you'll be fine with the standard bracelet unless the one you bought isn't fully linked. Plus it has micro adjustments from what I know. It can probably fit upwards to 8" I'm sure someone can confirm.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yeah it will definitely fit a 7” wrist. I tried one on at an AD with all the links on and I would have needed to take out at least three links to fit my 6.75” wrist.

7” is the “Goldilocks” of wrist size; your good all the way from 36mm to 42mm! So congrats go enjoy all the best watches ever ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
IIRC, the 36 will fit wrists up to 7.5 and perhaps even a bit above with its unadjusted bracelet. My wrist is slightly under 7" and I had room to spare without removing links but be warned that Tudor doesn't do half links for the 36 (or at least didn't when I tried it on) and there are I think 3 micro-adjustments on the clasp so it's worth trying before buying or at least making sure it will fit via research/inquiries. It's a great bracelet and a terrific watch. My favourite Tudor sleeper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much! I couldn’t recall if the one I tried on last year had all the stock links, or if some had been removed already.

Eingram141, I’ve never had my wrist size complimented before. I’ll try to be more grateful for the versatility. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I owned the BB36 some time ago and had to sell it because it barely fit my 7.25" wrist. I maxed out the adjustments, but it still wore too tight for me. Loved the watch though! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I owned the BB36 some time ago and had to sell it because it barely fit my 7.25" wrist. I maxed out the adjustments, but it still wore too tight for me. Loved the watch though! Hope this helps.
Thank you! Yeah, I remember thinking when I tried it on that I didn’t need to remove links. But 7.25 should be good enough cushion for my COVID weight gain :p

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You'll be fine, but I disagree with those saying the bracelet will fit a wrist upwards of 7.25inches. That's exactly my size, and it fits fine but is a tiny bit tight on a hot day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I bought mine I had to have 2 links added to fit my 7.75ish wrist. It's slightly loose on the middle micro-adjustment hole. I'm happy with the fit. No charge from the AD for the extra links.

·
Registered
858 Posts
A 7” wrist should have no problem with all the original links. 8” and above may then need to purchase extra links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts