WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
FYI sterling silver 925 might have some cooper or nickel mixed in it.

I would suggest trying on a plain silver ring (not plated) for a day to see if you have any reaction to it before getting the BB58 925 to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So.. I was afraid of this.. the Dr. visit was basically them shrugging their shoulder's asking if I had changed soaps and giving me some steroid cream and saying to come back in 3 weeks...

I will indeed try to test the waters before spending thousands of dollars on anything... Tudor did reply to my message to them saying there is no nickle in the BB58 925 ... but I'm going to try to find out more / get more info from this or other doctors before jumping in with both feet and my Credit Card...

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
FYI sterling silver 925 might have some cooper or nickel mixed in it.

I would suggest trying on a plain silver ring (not plated) for a day to see if you have any reaction to it before getting the BB58 925 to be on the safe side.
Not all silver alloys are the same; there wouldn't be much point in wearing a sterling silver ring from one manufacturer as a bellwether for silver jewellery made by another. Having said that it's unlikely (if not impossible) that from a reputable source, a good jeweller is not buying sterling silver with nickel in it.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
So.. I was afraid of this.. the Dr. visit was basically them shrugging their shoulder's asking if I had changed soaps and giving me some steroid cream and saying to come back in 3 weeks...

I will indeed try to test the waters before spending thousands of dollars on anything... Tudor did reply to my message to them saying there is no nickle in the BB58 925 ... but I'm going to try to find out more / get more info from this or other doctors before jumping in with both feet and my Credit Card...
That's good news. If you confirm you have a nickel allergy, you'll have no problem with this one. (But check the metallic part caseback isn't stainless steel).

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
That's good news. If you confirm you have a nickel allergy, you'll have no problem with this one. (But check the metallic part caseback isn't stainless steel).
Is there a way of checking it when you have one at hand, I could help with mine. But except it looking the same and feeling the same- I wouldn’t know what to look for regarding the caseback.

Let me know and I conduct the „home test“

41 - 46 of 46 Posts