WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member here for over 3 years now. Lurker for a bit longer. Finally hit my 100th post after 3 years, figured May the 4th would be a good day to celebrate and share :)

Collection in order of acquisition:

1. Nite Marquess: 1st buy 3 or so years ago. Nice and thin. Quartz. T100 tritium tubes. No longer in production. Rarely wear anymore.

2. Marathon GSAR. 2nd buy. Great watch but actually recently used as some trade in value. Would consider getting again later down the road.

3. Sinn U50S. When I first saw this around this time last year, I just knew I had to have one. Dimensions were just perfect for me. Really enjoy the striking (and polarizing for some) hands. Great legibility. Works well on strap or bracelet.

4. G-Shock GA 2100 Camo. Wanted a beater. Was never really a G-Shock fan, usually too big and chunky for me. When I saw this nice and thin Digi-analog was definitely intrigued. No idea now, but was not an easy acquisition last year.

5. G-Shock GA 800. After the first g shock, was missing a second hand and more legible digital display. Is a little thicker than I’d like, but definitely ticks all the other boxes for a GADA beater. Great for workouts.

6. GS spring drive snowflake. Have had this about a month or so now. Was really intrigued by the spring drive movement. Got to say, am still loving this watch and the movement. So accurate. So smooth. Just beautiful to look at. Love having the power reserve function (I know it’s not for everyone).

Future buys? -

1. Would like to add a Rolex. I know I know. Good luck right now. Been to a couple AD’s. Not much in stock. Just not willing to pay grey market prices. Luckily the one I think I want is not the most popular: yacht-master 40mm with rhodium dial:

Am I crazy here? One AD actually told me he might be able to get me one in the next month or 2. Was very surprised by that. Have also thought about no date sub (just not available), explorer i (39mm), explorer ii, OP black dial, GMT Pepsi or Batman (again, just not realistic at MSRP anytime soon). Others just don’t interest me.

2. Omega. I don’t know why, but I just can’t seem to get into omega’s lineup. Have tried a few different ones on and just feels meh to me. They’re not bad I just can’t seem to take to it. I don’t care for the helium release valve on certain models. Not really looking for chronograph. But I remain open minded.

3. Tudor. I like Tudor. Have tried a few on. Mostly I find them too thick. Keep thinking I want a Pelagos, especially the LHD. But again, it’s just so thick and chunky.

4. Other GS. I’d really like to get a spring drive movement with some decent lume (this is seriously what keeps the snowflake from being perfect for me). Their divers and GMT’s just seem ok to me. Wish they’d come out with a smaller 40’ish mm case with good lume. May just have to wait here.

There are others. Mostly just having fun with the hobby. In no real hurry for next buy. Was actually hoping Rolex AD would tell me it’d be 6-12 months for yacht-master. I mean, I did just shell out for the snowflake.

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
Congratulations on the milestone - even if it did take you a while to get there. You’ve picked up some nice watches on your journey.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
You might look at GS mt iwate GMT.. high beat 36k movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Very Nice collection.

have you considered the new GS white birch? it's not spring drive but looks very similar to snowflake but with lume.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,046 Posts
Beautiful watch but lack of lume will probably keep me away. Thanks for the suggestion though

is there a GS non-sport watch with lume? I think the finish on the hands make a good play with the lighting. Easy for seiko to add lume but they choose not to do so for aesthetic reasons.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very Nice collection.

have you considered the new GS white birch? it's not spring drive but looks very similar to snowflake but with lume.

Very nice watch, but am I missing something? I don’t see lume...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there a GS non-sport watch with lume? I think the finish on the hands make a good play with the lighting. Easy for seiko to add lume but they choose not to do so for aesthetic reasons.
I think you’re right, only on sport models. I like the new GMT’s, but the lume is a bit limited. The spring drive diver is alright, but it’s a bit chunky and I don’t love the hands.

·
Premium Member
14,783 Posts
Congrats on 100 and nice collection!

If you like the look of a GS but want smaller diameter and lume look into the Seiko SARB/X/Y/alphabet options. My SARB035 is obviously not as well finished as my GS, but it is fantastic watch for the price. Also less than 40mm and lume!

Some exciting watches in your queue too, make sure to share what you decide!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Very nice watch, but am I missing something? I don’t see lume...

No you're right! I thought there was lume inbetween the markers.

My bad.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
OP ruled out GMT due to aesthetics, but GS GMT has lume (unless you count GMT watch as "Sport" watch).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on 100 and nice collection!

If you like the look of a GS but want smaller diameter and lume look into the Seiko SARB/X/Y/alphabet options. My SARB035 is obviously not as well finished as my GS, but it is fantastic watch for the price. Also less than 40mm and lume!

Some exciting watches in your queue too, make sure to share what you decide!
Thank you. Something to think about, thanks for that. Trying not to let the collection get too big, but will definitely share any additions :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts