WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thetoad mentions a WYLER after this thread..
Being fully cognizant of one of Focuse's tenants,all new buyers are,OH SO.DELIGHTED,,ENAMORED not to mention thrilled,with their new toy,,,,,I SAY NAY IN SPADES.
For whatever reason,Thetoad sprung for a WYLER EL CAMINO CERAMIC..THis took place prior to the holiday season.
Upon arrival,he was amazed by the packaging,which quickly wore off.Upon inspection,he toyed with the piece,putting it thru it's paces.Remembering it's SUPER LUMINOVA heritage,he put it directly under a 40 watt halogen desk lamp,expecting to be pleasantly blinded by it's inherent abilities,,,,NOT SO....
Intrigued,Thetoad was now fearful about the movement.It had been touted as a 37 jewel automatic,,,,could it be an elegant Piguet #1185 perhaps,since it was obvious,this was a thin,& well made piece..Not so the 1185.However,he played and noticed,this rotor/movement acted quite differently than the auto's owned.Compared to the robust 7750 and others it behaved MONDO WEIRDO..It was an ETA #2894 unfortunately,not an #1185.
All was not lost however,the super luminova appeared to work after a while,the movement is what it is.
Since I Yapped about this bankrupt brand,I wanted to give an owners perspective,for all to see.
It's overall construction,mine being ceramic is Relatively top shelf,parts,straps,is another story,impossible to get,,.You mention WYLER,normal people run...

Ps:Ive been told Thetoad would pay handsomely for tool kits,straps,anything related to the dead,to Wyler

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
v76 nominates this the most entertaining post of 2011!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
DM71 was for sure expecting some pictures too:rodekaart, since the last post he saw on that subject left him with no clue about the brand that seems to have disappeared from our planet hearth long long time ago. Also, DM71 finds thetoad a bit weird, but he likes the way he tells his story because it makes him smile :-d. DM71 believe that Wyler doesn't exist, it's an urban legend to drive watch lovers nuts and not a real brand and will not believe it until he can actually see one.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The casiophile is pleased to see that the toad has posted again. However, the casiophile does wish that the toad would post pics of said watch...

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thetoad relishes any input to his communiques.He is,however computer challenged.The picture you seek is featured prominently on the world of watches web site,It is all black,save the gun metal hands,and orange sweep second hand.
Although he is inept in computer operations,he was for 32 years a WATCH ENGINEER.All remaining GODS may pile on,if this was posted with a forked tongue...

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Way too much writing and not enough pics!
No kidding. But I kinda like Thetoad - he's sort of the light version of a troll and amusing to boot so I'll help him out.

You know, normally I would give any black & orange watch a thumb's up but that one doesn't quite make the grade. <|

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Thetoad is Theweirdest member TheWUS has, and Thetoad has not posted any pictures of Thewyler. Fail.
Actually... as weird as he may seem, the toad is far from the weirdest around these parts.
Plus he cracks me up, which is simply added bonus. Love it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Tzimisces hates it.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
thewyler does not look very bright and what's up the allen bolts on the corners or so it seems. thegatsuk was just wondering.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
If its orange SL, its not going to be very bright no matter what you use to charge it. C3 is the brightest, everything else doesn't measure up.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you hate Thetoad or the watch? :-d

Mike
Tzimisces hates the watch. Tzimisces is not sure about Thetoad. He finds the Wyler fixation troubling.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
o|It doe's appear Thetoad,has been called.It was an insertion,into the REALM of STRAPS & BRACELETS.
Since many of the accrued chips,have been played,it is that time to VENT.
Why,OH WHY,,do our significant export companies,publish USER manuals,equal at least to TOLSTOY'S WAR & PEACE,in pages,and yield SQUAT.They are written in all known languages,and then some,,,,but in your tongue....5 page's at most.Movement ?,,,Lug size,,,,,you tell me,,I just work here..
I need to know,and I need to know know...
Concerning the ETA # 2894 in all it's variant's,to reconfigure into a TOURBILLION,is it simply a matter of 180 degree rotation of the balance wheel,and encasement ,or a tad more complex
,,if THE CALL IS MADE,,It should be a happy time,,Thetoad will meet with a long lost Friend
Al,,, "BIG AL Einstein,,as you know,he wore a WYLER, exclusively
BIG AL Einstein,,,,,,,,,HE ALSO WORE A WYLER

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thetoad mentions a WYLER after this thread..
Being fully cognizant of one of Focuse's tenants,all new buyers are,OH SO.DELIGHTED,,ENAMORED not to mention thrilled,with their new toy,,,,,I SAY NAY IN SPADES.
For whatever reason,Thetoad sprung for a WYLER EL CAMINO CERAMIC..THis took place prior to the holiday season.
Upon arrival,he was amazed by the packaging,which quickly wore off.Upon inspection,he toyed with the piece,putting it thru it's paces.Remembering it's SUPER LUMINOVA heritage,he put it directly under a 40 watt halogen desk lamp,expecting to be pleasantly blinded by it's inherent abilities,,,,NOT SO....
Intrigued,Thetoad was now fearful about the movement.It had been touted as a 37 jewel automatic,,,,could it be an elegant Piguet #1185 perhaps,since it was obvious,this was a thin,& well made piece..Not so the 1185.However,he played and noticed,this rotor/movement acted quite differently than the auto's owned.Compared to the robust 7750 and others it behaved MONDO WEIRDO..It was an ETA #2894 unfortunately,not an #1185.
All was not lost however,the super luminova appeared to work after a while,the movement is what it is.
Since I Yapped about this bankrupt brand,I wanted to give an owners perspective,for all to see.
It's overall construction,mine being ceramic is Relatively top shelf,parts,straps,is another story,impossible to get,,.You mention WYLER,normal people run...

Ps:Ive been told Thetoad would pay handsomely for tool kits,straps,anything related to the dead,to Wyler
I don't think Google language tools will help to translate this post.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
o|It doe's appear Thetoad,has been called.It was an insertion,into the REALM of STRAPS & BRACELETS.
Since many of the accrued chips,have been played,it is that time to VENT.
Why,OH WHY,,do our significant export companies,publish USER manuals,equal at least to TOLSTOY'S WAR & PEACE,in pages,and yield SQUAT.They are written in all known languages,and then some,,,,but in your tongue....5 page's at most.Movement ?,,,Lug size,,,,,you tell me,,I just work here..
I need to know,and I need to know know...
Concerning the ETA # 2894 in all it's variant's,to reconfigure into a TOURBILLION,is it simply a matter of 180 degree rotation of the balance wheel,and encasement ,or a tad more complex
,,if THE CALL IS MADE,,It should be a happy time,,Thetoad will meet with a long lost Friend
Al,,, "BIG AL Einstein,,as you know,he wore a WYLER, exclusively
BIG AL Einstein,,,,,,,,,HE ALSO WORE A WYLER

1 - 20 of 34 Posts