WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MB&F Horological Machine No4 THNDERBOLT is here !

Maximilian Busser says:
For the last three years I could not talk about this amazing piece of machinery, and it is truly a great day that I can finally share with all !
After the 311 part Engine which was unveiled in March during Basel, here is probably the most complex case in the history of horology to protect and magnify it.

Titanium and Sapphire – 150 hours of machining and polishing just for the central Sapphire case (that is close to four weeks of machining for one piece !), over 60 hours of machining and finishing for the titanium case back, etc, etc… In our twenty years of horology, this is the greatest challenge Serge Kriknoff and I have been up to.

So what is the Thunderbolt ? A tribute to Aviation…
Why ? Because from the age of 8 to 12-13 I spent every free minute crafting model airplanes… They were everywhere in my room. Hanging from the ceilings, accumulating on the shelves, in the cupboards. I would spend hours assembling, modifying, painting anything which had two wings. HM4 is a very personal interpretation of what would happen if you crossed a piece of ultra high end horology with the world of aeronautics.

HM4 Thunderbolt is the next step in our creative quest for horological kinetic art.

If you have any questions do not hesitate. The whole MB&F team is looking forward to your feedback.

With our very best regards,

Maximilian

PS there are many more images on the download link, and to show how the Thunderbolt looks on a wrist, I included hereunder a photo of myself with my skinny wrists wearing the Machine !

Maximilian Büsser
Owner & C.C.O.

MB&F
Terrasse Agrippa d'Aubigne 6
PO Box 3466
1211 Genève 3
Switzerland

Email: [email protected]
Web: [URL="http://www.mbandf.com"]www.mbandf.com[/URL]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Very advant garde in terms of design n engineering but i prefer watches to look like... well... watches. I'll bet it's a really nice piece to admire up close but don't think i wanna strap it on my wrist,not that i can afford it in the 1st place.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was gonna criticise it but then i read this sentence:

"HM4 Thunderbolt is the next step in our creative quest for horological kinetic art"

In that regard I can appreciate the watch and I have to say it is rather beautiful, although in a totally over engineered and needlesly complex way.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It is what it is....
A total calamity.

The wrist shot seals the deal so to speak....:-s

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wouldn't buy it but I praise the creator for coming up with this exceptionally cool concept and design.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i appreciate the ingenuity, but the thing is just atrocious. if that watch had an ETA movement in it and was $300, it would be a joke, which is evidence that the design is just... too... gimmick-y

kudos for stepping out of the box though. takes some cajones

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
The concept, design and execution are all superb and I'm sure a huge amount of work went into making the initial concept a reality. However, I'm not sure how practical it would be for everyday (or even occasional) wear even if you can afford that timepiece.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Although I find watches like that intriguing, I was always wondering who is actually buying them. I mean for that price I can think of at least a dozen better works of horological art.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
It's a cool concept and a cool work of art - as others have said. It looks good... it just doesn't look like a wrist watch. Which is fine - we'd get no where with anything if people didn't push boundaries.

That said, I can see banging that thing on everything.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I love the pic of the guys looking down at it. It needs thought bubbles like:

"I wonder if they will give me store credit when I take it back"
I think that is the designer that's pictured.... In which case...

"Dear God... I hope I can sell at least one of these abominations...."

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,648 Posts
If I had one of those on my wrist, I'd be laughing, too.

It's got to be the silliest wearable timepiece I've seen all week and I love it!

·
Premium Member
13,183 Posts
looks very avant guardist but a little bit too much for my tastes

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I love the pic of the guys looking down at it. It needs thought bubbles like:

"I wonder if they will give me store credit when I take it back"
I think that's Maximilian Busser, the brains behind the outfit.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think that's Maximilian Busser, the brains behind the outfit.
Well if sales don't go well he could always get work as a hand model.

Jokes aside, the level of craft involved is obvious but I much prefer his work at HW with the Opus watches. The MB&F stuff is too far out for my taste.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Ditto for me on just about every reply here! :-d

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think this thing it totally, completely badass and I'm very impressed with the engineering. I would consider buying one if the price was in any way reasonable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think it looks like the perfect "watch" to feature on star wars !

I can appreciate the engineering that went into it, but don´t like it one bit. I´ll stick to "regular" watches thank you.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
He could have just bought one of these for $200 instead:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts