WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am a noob that is about to purchase my first serious watch. My budget is $1000.
I love the mechanical hand wind watch but notice they dont have a date on it.
Are there such a thing as a hand wind watch with a date on it?
If there is, please name some brands and models. As for now, i am loving the look of the Stowa Antea KS 41

Please shed some of your awesome knowledge on me.
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

Poljot 3105 movement. Volmax Aviator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice! Thanks for the quick response

but what kind of movement is it? Why is it priced so low?
Is it a great quality watch?

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,355 Posts

A great quality watch? Well...that's a steep mountain that few budget priced watches could climb. The Poljot brand is well thought of and collected by several people on WUS. Finding a handwind with a date will be difficult but not impossible. Also consider the Hamilton Khaki with a handwind 2801 movement and date. Amazon has 'em for about $250 as I recall.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

There are a few different mechanical watches with date. It would be best for you to give a style/case size that you would prefer so that you don't get bombarded with information here.
You could also just go to some watch sites and have a look at 'mechanical' watches in the search see if any take your fancy.

Island Watch - Affordable Quality Timepieces Online

http://www.watchshop.com/Mechanical-Watches.html&tab=mens

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

The Poljot 3133 is a legendary Russian handwind chronograph movement. Its sister movement 3105 is a stripped down version without the chronograph function. Personally I think it's a great movement at an affordable price but it is a relatively slow beat 17 jewel one. Check them out at Island Watch or russia2all.com

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
The Poljot 3133 is a legendary Russian handwind chronograph movement. Its sister movement 3105 is a stripped down version without the chronograph function. Personally I think it's a great movement at an affordable price but it is a relatively slow beat 17 jewel one. Check them out at Island Watch or russia2all.com
Here is a picture of one of the many, many, Russian 3133 based chronographs.

As for quality. Well, that's a tough question. It is a rugged and reliable movement and the case is solidly made. You have to keep in mind the price. Unfortunately, most Russian watches have mineral glass crystals and throw-away straps.

I really like mine.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
You will be able to find a number of choices for hand winding watches with the date. However, from a value for money perspective, I think you will be very hard pressed to do better than a Stowa in your price range.

Reactions: CCCP

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hamilton Khaki field mechanical, model #H69419363 or also H69419933

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
You will be able to find a number of choices for hand winding watches with the date. However, from a value for money perspective, I think you will be very hard pressed to do better than a Stowa in your price range.
+1 really hard to find a better watch than Stowa ones with a $1000 budget, and they will put a 2801 handwind (with date) movement on request.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts