WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys have any ideas on a Triple Date Moonphase watch for under $400. I've been keeping an eye on ebay (mostly vintage) but every time I come across a nice one that's affordable, it's so small (34mm). I know that's not really that small (that's how the style was when these were new), but I really am looking for something between 39mm and 43mm. What I'm looking for: rolex_image.587396.jpg I prefer this style of triple date, with the window, not with hands that point to the day 1750-z.jpg Beautiful...but not cheapAlpha? 161887d1234315316-fs-alpha-triple-date-moonphase-quartz-67194704.jpg I come across these Alpha's which I think go for about $80, but idk, something I just don't like about them. Anyone got anything nice to say about them? They do happen to be 43mm which is perfect, perhaps I'll pick one up; but I'll wait to hear from everyoneAnyway, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks everyone! -Joe

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, don't know why that Parnis is posted up there. I tried to remove it but it won't go away :/ just ignore it (though it is my favorite watch!). Thanks. -Joe

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
sorry, don't know why that Parnis is posted up there. I tried to remove it but it won't go away :/ just ignore it (though it is my favorite watch!). Thanks. -Joe
There is a little button below the editing window that says "go advanced". When you click on it, you can then scroll down to find "manage attachments". That opens another pop-up window, where you can delete attachments.

As far as a modern mechanical triple date moonphase, I believe your options are Alpha, Alpha and Alpha. Minorva do a day-night indicator one, but faux moon-phase indicators are lame... You might check in the Chinese Mechanicals forum to see if anyone else is using the same movement as Alpha to do one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I prefer this type of complications as well. The day and month windows on the Alpha shown are TOO tiny for me. The standard sized windows that you show in the Rolex photos are sometimes too hard to see once the near vision starts to go. :-(

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ckot: THANKS!! And yea, I just did a quick search of minorva and came up with a very similar model to the Alpha (I'd imagine the same movement). But I also came across this more vintage Minerva that is absolutely beautiful

montblanc_image.1278526.jpg
AND IT'S A CHRONOGRAPH!! wonder how much one would set me back...if I could find one :think:

lconoclastic1: yea, I agree. Maybe that's why I don't like the Alpha, the windows are SO small :/

-Joe

·
Registered
928 Posts
Really interested if anyone comes up with any options for you. I was looking at these on the 'bay last night myself and wondering if there was an affordable 38mm+, whether vintage or modern.

One of my favorites was a Zodiac, but it was 33mm.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TGE: yea buddy, all the nice vintage ones are TINY. I'm not a huge fan of big watches, but I say my 43mm Parnis is a perfect fit. I'm wearing a 38mm Seiko right now and that's about as small as I'd want to go. I'm waiting for someone to come up with some type of Sea-Gull "to-the-rescue" watch that I've never come across haha. -Joe

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I had the blue dialed triple date Alpha. I liked it...the watch felt nice and got complimented a few times. For the price it's worth a try. Don't expect the best accuracy...but then again it's faily cheap.

Alpha was pretty good about backing up their product...not sure if they still go about it the same way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts