WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 821 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say Hello to Nomad son of Roman:

If you have followed Roman's thread you will know the path that has led to this point, if not take a look (well worth a read).
https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/meet-roman-world-traveling-poljot-3133-a-1862954.html

Nomad has been conceived to continue Romans journey, a world encompassing adventure without end! If you would like to be part of this adventure then please read on.

Hosting Requirements:

To Become a Host you must have been an active member of the forum for at least 6 months and have a minimum of 50 posts.

We ask that you ensure Nomad is passed on to the next host within 4 weeks of arrival; that you chose a trusted follow-up Host; and that you assume responsibility for ensuring that Nomad is passed along in the allotted time frame. A secure traceable method of shipping Must be used.

Please refrain from opening the case back. If repairs are necessary, send the watch back to the homing address (included in "Nomads" case) and I will forward him to the next host after the repair is complete. If you drop him and cause damage--don't worry!! Just send him back.

It would be nice if the Host could:

1) Add a postcard to the package. But, not a requirement.

2) Take a few pics with the watch that are (preferably) somewhere of interest in your area - but a few WRUW shots will suffice if you do not have the means or time to do so.

So let this journey begin, to all future Hosts please remember your responsibilities. But most of all enjoy you time with Nomad…

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Glory to Roman, Long live the Nomad!

I will joih the party, but will wait for winter or spring to come, because here we will have boring autumn cloudy weather, which is bad for photos.

(And maybe just maybe I could get chance to crossroad this travelling poljot with travelling vostok which is in preparation also, it would be just like those supercool comics where two superheroes meet in one episode...That would be nice photos)

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is great. Not to ruin the party, ?, who can explain in a few sentences 'why? What is so great about sending a watch around?' I frankly do not see a reason except if this is a super rare watch and I want to hold it and use it for a while. Just in case I am not alone, please enlighten us! Thanks
Why not.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
This is great. Not to ruin the party, ?, who can explain in a few sentences 'why? What is so great about sending a watch around?' I frankly do not see a reason except if this is a super rare watch and I want to hold it and use it for a while. Just in case I am not alone, please enlighten us! Thanks
Why not.
I got this part ?. But shipping is risky. I can get lost or damaged. And we all like to own watches. So what is the attraction here? I mean if you cannot afford to by 3133 then maybe. But I doubt we have that many members here who would be in a watch collecting business and willing to ship internationally and not being able to afford to buy it. Just trying to understand....

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I got this part ��. But shipping is risky. I can get lost or damaged. And we all like to own watches. So what is the attraction here? I mean if you cannot afford to by 3133 then maybe. But I doubt we have that many members here who would be in a watch collecting business and willing to ship internationally and not being able to afford to buy it. Just trying to understand....
I haven't hosted one yet, but I guess it's more about sharing moments and places with fellow members than just passing along a watch. It's about community and the human element behind all those cool watch macro closeups we post every day here.
How I feel about it.
Ivan

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Why not.
Or, in the words of mountaineers - because it's there (& we can)

Give me a few months so that I can qualify & I'll volunteer a couple of weeks to show him around East Suffolk|>

·
Registered
909 Posts
Haha, at first I thought that too. But it seems like unique type of WUS game, and I guess it will give a lot of pleasure to members, to share one watch through occasions each one of their own, taking pictures and then sending it to another adventure.

To me, this looks like highest form of admiration for watches, just the idea as it is.

Without doubt the biggest 'winner' here is the watch, as it will become a world traveller. ;-)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Well you did ask so......
Why? I guess just a way of encouraging interest in the 3133 chronograph movement ,but more importantly is a way of bringing all members here closer by sharing a common experience and history..... as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
OK Hosts here's the initial list, its not in the order of posts. I will try to create a chain so Nomad is not stuck in the post over huge distances, i.e UK to Australia.

Nomad will go in the post to the first host this week, a long standing member of the forum. after that it will revert to the list. If Hosting is inconvenient when your turn comes just say and you can be moved to a more convenient time.

If you wish to change the strap while using the watch that's fine, but please re-fit the original strap before sending on, spare pins are included.

I'm going to keep the list as just a guide other hosts maybe squeezed in if it makes sense when Nomad is in there area.

1. TBA
2. TBA
3. stevarad
4. schumacher62
5. longstride
6. kiwi.bloke
7. SuffolkGerryW

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
OK Hosts here's the initial list, its not in the order of posts. I will try to create a chain so Nomad is not stuck in the post over huge distances, i.e UK to Australia.

Nomad will go in the post to the first host this week, a long standing member of the forum. after that it will revert to the list. If Hosting is inconvenient when your turn comes just say and you can be moved to a more convenient time.

If you wish to change the strap while using the watch that's fine, but please re-fit the original strap before sending on, spare pins are included.

I'm going to keep the list as just a guide other hosts maybe squeezed in if it makes sense when Nomad is in there area.

1. TBA
2. TBA
3. stevarad
4. schumacher62
5. longstride
6. kiwi.bloke
7. SuffolkGerryW

Cheers...
I'm honoured to be included, seeing as I haven't yet reached the criteria that you've set - I realise that I'll have to send (by pm) my details to the previous host, who else should I send them to?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

1. TBA
2. TBA
3. stevarad
4. schumacher62
5. longstride
6. kiwi.bloke
7. SuffolkGerryW

Cheers...
I'm honoured to be included, seeing as I haven't yet reached the criteria that you've set - I realise that I'll have to send (by pm) my details to the previous host, who else should I send them to?
Not need for action yet, it will be next year before Nomad reaches you. By which time you will certainly meet the hosting criteria, until then enjoy the journey.

Cheers...

1 - 20 of 821 Posts