WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

681 - 700 of 718 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Any boat, maybe? :)

Just kidding. You made magical stories...

Послато са SM-N985F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
463 Posts
🤦‍♂️ :LOL:...I was hoping all the space hardware would distract you from the boat, Stevan! Kidding...thank you to all of you for the kind words, the likes and the views. It has been my pleasure to host Nomad and show you a slice of my world with some fun things in Kansas and beyond.

So here we are "back home again" at the Indy Motor Speedway...part of the pre-race festivities for the Indianapolis 500 race includes the singing of "Back Home Again in Indiana". It's a weeper of a song, published in 1917, with lyrics name-checking all the things the singer misses about his Hoosier home in Indiana. But when you've spent as much time in Indiana as I have...I started covering motorsports in the state back in the 1980's and worked at the Speedway for the first time in 1994...it kind of gets in your blood.

This is my third trip to the Speedway this year...once in July (pre-Nomad), again in August for two weeks and now here on the cusp of October.

Today started out chilly and the forecast for the rest of the week gets colder and adds some rain possibilities...

In addition to the IndyCars, we have a variety of other racers running on the track...these are from the Skip Barber Racing School and they spent some time on track today.

There is also an abundance of sports cars here from the GT World Challenge Americas group...these Panoz Avezzanos are among my favorites!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Happy Birthday Nomad!

Thanks to bogray57 for being a superb host,
Hard to believe it's a year since Joecool and myself restarted this thread and what a year, troubling times the world over. The stories and pictures from this years hosts have been outstanding, something to bring us all together and raise a smile.

Here's to the next year and the continued success of the forum's travelling watches.

Cheers...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well, Nomad left this morning bound for Canada...the Great White North! Father of Five will be the next to host Nomad on his worldwide journey.

I know that vodka is the traditional Russian drink, but I spent my first 60 years in Kentucky so I'm a bourbon man. Nomad and I had a little toast with some fine Willett bourbon whiskey from Bardstown, KY to send him on his way.

Hmmm...looks like I'm getting low on my supply...might have to do something about that! HA! I have a few more images from the trip to the Cosmosphere...I'll post some before Nomad arrives Up North.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thank you for being a wonderful host.
I’m looking forward to hosting Nomad. The colours of fall will be fun to show him.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Well, Nomad left this morning bound for Canada...the Great White North! Father of Five will be the next to host Nomad on his worldwide journey.

I know that vodka is the traditional Russian drink, but I spent my first 60 years in Kentucky so I'm a bourbon man. Nomad and I had a little toast with some fine Willett bourbon whiskey from Bardstown, KY to send him on his way.

View attachment 15488880

View attachment 15488881

Hmmm...looks like I'm getting low on my supply...might have to do something about that! HA! I have a few more images from the trip to the Cosmosphere...I'll post some before Nomad arrives Up North.
If you could somehow pass that bottle here...

That looks delicious.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you could somehow pass that bottle here...

That looks delicious.

Certainly looks inviting - though not normally a Bourbon drinker, (though to be honest, we normally only get Jack Daniels over here) much prefer single malt Scotch :whistle: ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Here's another gem from the Cosmosphere...the actual flown capsule from the Gemini X (10) mission in 1966. It was the 8th crewed Gemini mission and performed docking with the Agena Target Vehicle along with two spacewalks (EVAs). John Young and Michael Collins were the astronauts.

This is the spacesuit that Collins wore during his two EVAs.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Bo once again thanks for the exemplary job of playing host, Kudos!

Reactions: bogray57

·
Registered
463 Posts
We all got to see some really cool stuff...thank you so much for sharing with Nomad and with us!
True...I should have written that I got to see some NEW cool stuff like the Cosmosphere ;)...and trust me, I don't take seeing the racecars for granted! I realize that my job puts me in spots to see some very cool things and I was honored and delighted to be able to share some of that with you all!

So, in that vein (new cool stuff), here is the 'crown jewel' (IMHO) at the Cosmosphere...the actual Apollo XIII capsule! Now THAT is COOL!! "OK, Houston, we've had a problem here..."

Father of five ...you've got it from here!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Wow. Thise photos and posts are like really being there and see in real space history.

Big, big thank you for those fantastic posts and adventures with Nomad.

Forests, sea coast, mountains, swamps, diffrent cities, part of worlds, legends of hollywood, race and space..This Nomad stories are just great.

And quality level is up again, it will be hard to follow...

681 - 700 of 718 Posts