WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys!
I am a new Suunto owner and found forum :)
I have a problem syncing workouts from the iOS app to my A3V - the default workout does not get deleted and a new one does not show up.
Anyone else with this problem? Do you have any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I bought one week ago an A3V and I test it and GPS accuracy is really bad. Anyone have some info about when the new firmware will be release ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys!
I have a problem syncing workouts from the iOS app to my A3V - the default workout does not get deleted and a new one does not show up.
Thanks in advance!
sounds like the same bug i had with the peak before 2.0.45,
just wait for a fw or movescount app update...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Guys!
Thanks in advance!
Workout planner not working in Android's movescount. Missing button.

deporteporvida.com

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello, I bought one week ago an A3V and I test it and GPS accuracy is really bad. Anyone have some info about when the new firmware will be release ? Thanks in advance.
Hi Shekdon007,

Have you also got another Ambit3 (peak or sport) to compare the accuracy or is your feelings? Did you repeat the same route many times to compare them? Could you share the links to these moves?

After two weeks testing A3V I could say that A3V accuracy isn't so good as A3 peak/sport but still not so bad to say it's unusable.

Anyway I hope suunto improve it!

deporteporvida.com

Reactions: Teriemer

·
Registered
247 Posts
Got fed up with Polar's inability to make Flow even semi-decent, and I really need auto-sync to TrainingPeaks, so I just ordered a Vertical. My 1st Suunto ever, ha. The removal of the wristband hump and addition of vibration alerts finally got me. Have had a bunch of Garmins and Polars, even a TomTom, so well aware of the fact that they all have their limitations.

Still have a V800, a Vivoactive and a 510, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare. Have an officially measured and well defined route of just below a mile I test distance on. Nothing extreme, but a mix of sharp turns, straights, open views and steep hill/trees on the side. A bit of everything, but very flat. The V800 and the TomTom Multisport usually come very close, within +5-25m, the Garmins tend to measure a bit longer, +15-45m. The best of the Garmins was a 305, back in 2006/7, so I'm not that impressed. Can't run at the moment and the route is covered in a bit of snow and ice, so might have to walk with the Suunto now and do a run later, when Glonass is enabled. The V800 isn't going anywhere yet though, so plenty of time to test, later in the spring.
From the ones in your list, the V800 was ranked as the most accurate among the GPS watches, and even edging out the Ambit3.

GPS Accuracy of Garmin, Polar, and other Running Watches - Fellrnr.com, Running tips

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
From the ones in your list, the V800 was ranked as the most accurate among the GPS watches, and even edging out the Ambit3.
Thanks, I've seen it and my own tests support it, but didn't really get a Vertical for hope of better accuracy. I suppose I would be dissapointed if it was worse than the Vivoactive though. Not much trail running for me and no mountains around here, so I really hope the new antenna + Glonass will work out. Also swim and bike regularly and do an occasional tri now and then, so look forward to check out Suunto's implementations of these.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks, I've seen it and my own tests support it, but didn't really get a Vertical for hope of better accuracy. I suppose I would be dissapointed if it was worse than the Vivoactive though. Not much trail running for me and no mountains around here, so I really hope the new antenna + Glonass will work out. Also swim and bike regularly and do an occasional tri now and then, so look forward to check out Suunto's implementations of these.
Then the Vertical will suit you just fine. The Vertical tracks on par with the old A3 series out in the open (well maybe a micro-slightly poorer if you zoom in to super detailed, but that has no effect). So I'm sure that in your case, yo'll be just fine. The only case where it struggles is when it gets challenging. Only in this case, the old A3's are better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From the specs:
"GLONASS ... will be available later via a software update."

Didn't Traverse get Glonass support a couple of months ago already? You'd figure it wouldn't be a big deal to add, given that this is pretty much the same hw. Oh well...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone got any idea why there seems to be limitation of the apps you can run during workout. On Peak models it's 5 and on Vert just 1 (as per Suunto sit).

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
^ Yes, either I made error earlier, or that has been changed. So it is also 5. I am wondering between A3P vs A3V and trying to determine if there is any difference in the App functionality (capability). I went to MC and tried to create App which uses the advanced editor. I had a var suunto_ascent in my test App. This apparently ruled out the Vertical as not compatible. So I am wondering what is the difference in that sense really? I am planning to create some Apps and would not like to be anyway limited if I go with the Vertical. Any insights or experiences appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I am wondering what is the difference in that sense really? I am planning to create some Apps and would not like to be anyway limited if I go with the Vertical. Any insights or experiences appreciated.
Well, there are some differences, mentioned in Suunto's site as "Create own metrics with advanced formulas" which is marked as not available on the Vertical.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, there are some differences, mentioned in Suunto's site as "Create own metrics with advanced formulas" which is marked as not available on the Vertical.
I have created some apps, that I do use a lot. For instance "Manual Lap Timer" or "Manual Lap Distance" - the latest versions of these are private due to testing. But both these apps work independent of Autolap. That is, they work while Autolap is enabled and are not triggered by Autolap. They're only triggered by your manual press on lap. Also the manual lap no. is shown in the postfix area.

However - those two key Suunto_functions - that is "SUUNTO_MANUAL_LAP_DURATION" and "SUUNTO_MANUAL_LAP_DISTANCE" are not supported by the Vertical. For what ever reason, I don't get that. But these two apps doesn't work with A3V. There may be more Suunto_functions that are not compatible, but I don't know of these (yet).

PS - this issue, together with the GPS performance in tough areas, was the reason for me to return my A3V and get an A3S. The A3S is just a well known solid performer in that perspective.

Reactions: danielp27

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I thought it odd too that the V won't support apps with advanced formulas (meaning anything with exponents). The Ambit 1 was the same way, and starting with the 2 you have do advanced formulas. Why revert to simple formula capability with the V? I don't get that either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
However - those two key Suunto_functions - that is "SUUNTO_MANUAL_LAP_DURATION" and "SUUNTO_MANUAL_LAP_DISTANCE" are not supported by the Vertical. For what ever reason, I don't get that. But these two apps doesn't work with A3V. There may be more Suunto_functions that are not compatible, but I don't know of these (yet).
This is so disappointing :-( The state of App development was already pretty bad (nothing much has changed since Ambit 2) and now with those incompatibilities things are simply worse. I have developed some A3P apps and I am curious how many of those work on A3V ...

·
Registered
66 Posts
As a Suunto noob, where does that leave us then, regarding manual laps? Are you saying that a button press register a lap, but on the same time restarts the auto-lap? Which I actually would be ok with.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is so disappointing :-( The state of App development was already pretty bad (nothing much has changed since Ambit 2) and now with those incompatibilities things are simply worse. I have developed some A3P apps and I am curious how many of those work on A3V ...
Go to your apps and click "edit" - click on the VERIFY button next to the code. There you can see which Suunto's are compatible. On mine two mentioned apps, there's a red cross "X" next to Vertical. And this means, while in the display settings for the watch, those apps are not in the list "My Apps"...!

In fact I asked Suunto, why that function is not supported? Here's their answer (and yes - I have read the manual!):
Hi Suunto

Why is it that the A3V doesn't support the SUNNTO function in the APP generator that's named "SUUNTO_MANUAL_LAP_TIMER" or _DISTANCE?

Note on the screen capture that the function is beeing used and the VERFIY button marks VERTICAL with a red "X". I've found out this is due to those two mentioned SUUNTO functions.

A have a few apps where I use this function to do manual created laps. It's a function I'm really happy to use, so please enable that for the A3V.
ANSWERS
While we are not able to provide extensive support for the App Designer, we would like to recommend that you use the App Designer manual in order to help you in your app creation: http://dcjitw11p57ya.cloudfront.net/downloads/SuuntoAppZoneDeveloperManual.pdf

As for the function, we would like to thank you for your feature suggestion! This will be forwarded to our developers and hopefully support for this function will be added to the app designer in a future update of our services!
And I agree - its a totally NO-GO from me, for the Vertical, if this keeps unsupported.

201 - 220 of 370 Posts