WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow members, I hope this is appropriate based on the forum guidelines but I am considering starting a social group for watch lovers where we can have local meets, visit AD's and attend watch events as a group. I am sure I am not alone when I say "I wish I had more watch friends that were not on the internet"...lol

So I am thinking about having a local meet, maybe get a private room at a restaurant, sometime on a weekend in Maryland depending on everyones schedule and location. This will give us an opportunity to introduce ourselves and get to know one another. But first things first I wanted to check in and see who is interested in attending. This will also be posted on TRF and the rolex section.

~David

UPDATE

Ok everyone its very difficult to make everyone happy in terms of date/time, location and distance so here it is. Sunday, September 19th @ 5:30pm at Pazo's in Baltimore City. I need to know if you can make it as I will be making reservations at the restaurant for us. Also let me know if you are bringing anyone with you. Thanks! The address and website are below:

Pazo
1425 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
410-534-7296
PAZO :::: Here. Now. Baltimore's Mediterranean restaurant and night club.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Re: Members near Maryland are you interested in a watch meet?

Would be interested, depending on the schedule...keep me posted!

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Re: Members near Maryland are you interested in a watch meet?

I've gone to NY for small GTG's. Baltimore is about the same drive time from Philly. I'd definitely make time if the itinerary included an Orioles game. That is, if my work schedule permits it - but it rarely does.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Re: Members IN or NEAR Maryland are you interested in a watch meet?

Sounds great guys thank you for replying. I am gonna wait to see if we can get a few more people before committing to an actual day as I would like to get at least 10 or more that will make it out. I can tell you it will be on a saturday or sunday and probably sometime in September. Tell your watch friends as well, hoping for a great turn out and a nice time. Cheers

David

·
Registered
919 Posts

I'd be up for it depending on when it is. We try to go up to the DC/Baltimore area a couple times a year. Keep me posted.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts

Count me in.

·
Registered
523 Posts

If you can get Dennis's bald head there, count me in! And, I'll break down and bring some vittles from the Road Kill Grill. :-d

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If you can get Dennis's bald head there, count me in! And, I'll break down and bring some vittles from the Road Kill Grill. :-d
I don't know who Dennis is but tell him to get his bold head down here! It appears that majority of people are coming from D.C. and a few coming north of Maryland. I am trying to be fair in terms of distance for everyone so I am thinking either Baltimore City or Columbia Maryland. Also September 5th might be the day as it appears Sunday is a better day for some of you. Let me know your thoughts and eventually I will need a head count. thanks

David

·
Banned
7,645 Posts

If you can get Dennis's bald head there, count me in!
I don't know who Dennis is but tell him to get his bold head down here!
Dennis would be me. And I haven't lost any hair. It's migrated south to my ears, nose, chin, and shoulders.

I work in retail and getting weekends off is next to impossible. Sunday might be easier than Saturday though - but not on a holiday weekend because of the sales. When we confirm a date I'll barter with my boss.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I live in northern NJ and would definitely consider coming down. I haven't seen one in the NYC area yet.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ok how about Sunday, September 19th ? inputs everyone?

·
Registered
170 Posts

There's a big one every May in NYC, and a couple smaller ones 2 or 3 times a year.
o| I haven't seen anything on it. Can you please point me into the right direction to learn more about these NYC get togethers?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts

Ok how about Sunday, September 19th ? inputs everyone?
Sounds good to me... Bawlmer or Columbia, either OK, Columbia closer to me but probably better restaurants in Baltimore? I wonder if that big watch dealer over by 695 -- can't remember the name -- is open on Sunday?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

Ok everyone its very difficult to make everyone happy in terms of date/time, location and distance so here it is. Sunday, September 19th @ 5:30pm at Pazo's in Baltimore City. I need to know if you can make it as I will be making reservations at the restaurant for us. Thanks. The address and website are below:

Pazo
1425 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
410-534-7296
PAZO :::: Here. Now. Baltimore's Mediterranean restaurant and night club.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Ok everyone I need a definite yes or no on the day and also if you are bringing anyone with you. I will be making a reservation at Pazo's sometime next week. Let know and also if you guys want to check out J brown Jewelers before we eat dinner we can meet there earlier in the day if you guys want. That is the one off of 695 that was mentioned in the thread.

·
Registered
562 Posts

interesting...this is literally a block up the street from me ..hmm..

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

interesting...this is literally a block up the street from me ..hmm..
You should stop in and see your fellow members in the flesh. I got to believe having watch friends in real life is different than just having them on the internet...I wouldn't know though as I have no watch friends in real life...lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts