WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

Having been a member of this fantastic site the one thing I have always admired greatly is members that are content with 1 watch either because of choice ( their grail watch) or that they are content completely with their one and only timepiece. Would you guys mind sharing an image of said watch and how you feel having the one.???

Thank you I look forward to hearing from such chilled & content guys!! . However I will also not be overly surprised if such a thing is a rare species.!!!!

“May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.”

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I can understand how a person can have only one watch and be completely contented; but I can't understand how a person who considers himself (herself) to be a collector can be happy with only one watch.
Joe

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand how a person can have only one watch and be completely contented; but I can't understand how a person who considers himself (herself) to be a collector can be happy with only one watch.
Joe
Fair point

“May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.”

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a few that I've tried and I've had more than one at a time (trying out other ones) but I mostly only have one watch. I got a second one about 8 months ago because of my work (didn't want to ruin my one watch) but got rid of that one recently as well. My current one watch is a Seiko SNK 803 (I had a different SNK prior to that as my one watch and a Seagull Bauhaus before that).

When I get bored of it or it dies, I'll buy a Hamilton Field Khaki (Actually I have big modding plans for the Seiko before that) and that'll be my one watch until I get bored of it or it dies and on and on. I obviously don't consider myself a collector but I like watches, I enjoy movements, and I am happy to talk about them all day long; I just don't like owing many things.

EDIT: It's also easy on the bank account but that's secondary.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think the step of going from one watch to more is very significant.
With just one watch, you are someone who wears a watch (albeit you can still be someone who appreciates and is interested in watches in general), however, as soon as you have more than one, you become someone who makes a decision on which watch to wear for certain conditions, and from there you have, by default, recognised that you want to wear different watches on different occasions, and are on your way to becoming a "collector".
Welcome to the wormhole!

·
Registered
280 Posts
my goal is to only have 1 watch that can be worn 24/7 for everything I do, keep awesome time and look great. the only problem with that is....me.

seriously though i have my eye on the German brands and may find my 1 watch if they bring out some versions in hardened titanium!

Reactions: captious

·
Registered
17 Posts
The question I would ask for people who have one watch is what do you do when that watch needs servicing? Or you want to go on holiday to somewhere where you feel that wearing that watch wouldn't be a good idea? Would you buy another watch for those periods? If so, when you get your watch back from servicing, or back from holiday, would you get rid of that new watch? Or would you then accept the fact that you're a 2 watch person?

·
Registered
24,601 Posts
I was a one wristwatch guy for quite a while. Certainly possible for someone to enjoy just one nice watch.
Weirdo!!

But you got better eh!!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Good evening,

Having been a member of this fantastic site the one thing I have always admired greatly is members that are content with 1 watch either because of choice ( their grail watch) or that they are content completely with their one and only timepiece. Would you guys mind sharing an image of said watch and how you feel having the one.???

Thank you I look forward to hearing from such chilled & content guys!! . However I will also not be overly surprised if such a thing is a rare species.!!!!

If you own one watch, you have a watch, you are not an enthusiast.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Who ever that is, good luck staying with one after being on here. I already have 4 before becoming a member.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lol, here is my hot potato, to spice up your day, folks:
I am new on this forum and I am a one watch guy, and it's an old simple Seiko, and planning to stay this way.
In a meantime I am looking for that one other watch when this one will move on to a better world.
(So far agonizing between Omega SMP 300 with sword hands, and Tudor BB36 and leaning toward Tudor, because of the Omega helium valve that I don't really like, and lately I started losing interest in diver bezels.)
And I love this forum, the epic watch battles and ruffled feathers and all :)
Now I am cowering down and waiting for that flurry of stones thrown at my lifeless body.
ROFLMAO!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Lol, here is my hot potato, to spice up your day, folks:
I am new on this forum and I am a one watch guy, and it's an old simple Seiko, and planning to stay this way.
In a meantime I am looking for that one other watch when this one will move on to a better world.
(So far agonizing between Omega SMP 300 with sword hands, and Tudor BB36 and leaning toward Tudor, because of the Omega helium valve that I don't really like, and lately I started losing interest in diver bezels.)
And I love this forum, the epic watch battles and ruffled feathers and all :)
Now I am cowering down and waiting for that flurry of stones thrown at my lifeless body.
ROFLMAO!
May I suggest you buy an inexpensive homage to both watches. Wear them for a while and see which one you prefer before committing. The weight, size, and basic aesthetics will be close enough to give you an idea

·
Registered
Tudor black bay chrono; Sinn 757
39 Posts
This is tough for me, honestly. I’ve bought and worn several but find myself now only wanting to wear one. I sold a 556 Weiss I’d had since new and wore it literally 24 hours a day for the first five years. I bought another I’d sort of ‘always wanted’ to celebrate a milestone and it just doesn’t resonate. So, it sits unworn in its box. I still wear the one watch virtually all day. That doesn’t mean Im not lusting after or looking for another watch. It certainly doesn’t mean I won’t get one to accompany or replace one I already have. But, I don’t know that I fit the word ‘collector’ as much maybe. I love watches. I just don’t ever feel grounded in having multiples. The joy seems to come from having one that resonates with me when Im wearing it. Perhaps I just haven’t collected the right group...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts