WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have it somewhere. This item was a sliding case stainless steel mechanical novelty sold at S. Klein's , E.J. Korvette's, or Two Guys (from Harrison) sometime around 1968. I have never seen it on the web. Does anyone remember it?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I have worked part-time at E.J.Korvettes department stores at Bailey's Crossroads, Fairfax County, Virginia as a student in 1968. Little Sandra Bullock was playing in the neighbourhood where I had lived in Arlington/Falls Church, Va. I often saw her with her German mother from Nuremburg, Germany on the playground behind our houses. Whatever, I might have seen it at E.J. Korvettes then, perhaps I even have sold one of them, but I don't rembember.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visualize a large Zippo lighter shell (but symmetrical with slightly rounded edges) split on centerline of its long dimension with protruding winder. Sliding stainless side shell as if opening a set of curtains revealed the white watch dial. IIRC, I got it as a Confirmation gift along with the obligatory Cross pen and pencil set. I hope to find it some day....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was purchased by my father at S. Klein (On the Square) in either Newark or Woodbridge, New Jersey. I just remembered how I received two non-obligatory Confirmation gifts: the pocket watch and a Bushnell folding loupe (in polished stainless). I remember looking at the lume dots with the loupe in my bedroom. Hope I find them both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts