WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
finally !!!! thanks so much Riley !!!!!

wat happened to the reverse display? urgghhhhhh !!!

cant have everything, i guess !!!!!

luv the blue accent on it though.

white gulfie is very nice :-! the riseman looks much better than i though it would. is it going to be metric only:roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
<| There is no difference between "to hope" and "to expect" in some languages. These models are roughly what I expected, but they certainly aren't what I hoped for. No reverse display? Huge disappointment.

With reverse display, they would have suggested stormtroopers. With the "baby blue" display and accents, they suggest R2-D2.

For those in the U.S., keep in mind that this Riseman model likely has metric capability only.

I have several random thoughts about the Gulfman. First, when will there finally be an atomic Gulfman with reverse display? Second, I vastly prefer the "teal blue" display and accents of the Master Blue Gulfman over the "baby blue" display and accents of the MIIW Gulfman. Third, the MIIW Gulfman appears to have a plastic bezel ring instead of the titanium bezel ring of other atomic Gulfman models - the Master Blue, the GW9100-1, etc.

I like a lot of the new G-Shock models lately, but I don't like these MIIW models. If you like them, then buy them and enjoy them. To me, they scream "metrosexual" loud and clear. Personally, no thanks. <|

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
white gulfie is very nice :-! the riseman looks much better than i though it would. is it going to be metric only:roll: :roll:
like i said, flip the ICERC and get this instead. ;-)

these MIWI really do look good on people who likes "Blue Steel"

:-!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Small correction: I mis-typed the title and can't change it. It should be "Men In Ice White" MIIW, instead of MIWI.

I really like these two. :-! I'd like a better look at them though.

I guess you have to consider the cost of extra white resin parts if you actually want to wear these. They're a little tough on the wallet for sure.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh my God! They look very cool (and "cheap" too :( ) with these colours. I love the colour combination (especially the lcd) although it gets dirty very quickly...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts