WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Men-In-Matte-Black.jpg

The MIMB series came out in 2009 for the JDM and abruptly ended by the end of that same year. It was strange, because there were a lot of people on WUS who were interested in it, but it looked like not very many people were able to obtain one (retail sales were in Japan and Europe only). I've seen a few people here on WUS declare ownership, but some ended up selling theirs. Originally I wanted to start a count thread like the ones PIOWA runs, but I'm thinking it's probably folly due to how much time has passed since the series was discontinued and that there wouldn't be a useful count obtained. All I know about at this point is:

GW-9010MB-1JF [Mudman] ---------- 1 (Riley, Joakim Agren, ishcm)

GW-9100MB-1JF [Gulfman] --------- 2 (Riley, Sjors, Xevious)
GW-9200MBJ-1JF [Riseman] -------- 1 (Riley, mairtinb, ishcm, Sengyoku)

So, I figured a more interesting kind of thread that might flush out owners would be a pics thread. ;-) I'll start it off.

CASIO_GW9100MB_3.jpg
CASIO_GW9100MB_2.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've a MIMB Riseman that's on wrist today, but it's wearing different boots atm

Reactions: Chrisek

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I got my MIMB Riseman not too long ago albeit a little beat up. lucky find really because I managed to source it and sell my vanilla riseman (which was even more beat up!) for about the same price :)

I got some new resin for it but I found the roughed up look of it was quite distinctive, so just kept it like this :)

The mat black series is one of those rare series in which i actually think every model in the series looks awesome. I would have been equally happy to pick up either a mudman or a gulfman in this series - whereas I'd normally be biased towards a particular model from a series...

The new GW-9400BJ Rangeman could almost join the family I think :)

Sent from the 'droid. now Free

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
* BUMP * -- Let's see some more pics; gotta be more of you MIMB G-Shock owners out there. ;-)

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way... I'm curious about something regarding the Mudman.

The solar "honeycomb" panel on the MIMB Mudman seems to look almost purplish-light-gray in many of the photos I've seen, while the regular edition Mudman seems to be more gray. I'd always wondered if it was just a trick of the light combined with the lack of other colors and that the panels are actually the same, or if they truly are different in appearance. Anybody know? I've cobbled together a side-by-side shot as best I could to try illustrating this:

G-Shock_Mudman_MIMB-comp.jpg

Reactions: Bear1845

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I don't have mine any more, as I'm not a fan of neg displays. In fact it was this watch which put me off them! Anyway, some pics.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got mine GW-9010MB-1ER in july 2012.
:-! I'm hoping to get one eventually.
I don't have mine any more, as I'm not a fan of neg displays. In fact it was this watch which put me off them! Anyway, some pics.
I can see where an ABC watch is concerned that a negative display would be harder to read, especially in this series. The negative display Rangeman is much better, but I'd still prefer a positive display for the superior readability. But you have to admit, the MIMB Riseman is one handsome looking watch. Thanks for the pics. |>

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MIMB_trio_1.jpg

I started out with a Gulfman. I really liked the Mudman but it quickly became scarce. And I just felt my money was better spent on other models instead of going after the Riseman. But... a couple of good prices tempted me too hard and now I have all three! |> The Riseman strap is the best--very good quality resin, like the GW-5000 strap. The Mudman is surprisingly comfortable, although the buttons are 3x harder to press in comparison to the others. The bezel is a little worn, but replacements are still available. All in all... glad to finally join the MIMB trio club. I'm done collecting! :-d

·
Registered
914 Posts
Very nice collection you have there!

I just saw a Riseman MIMB go on eBay for a low $220, and it was very tempting to place a bid, but it would've been over $300 after shipping, custom fees and VAT so I had to let it go. That, and the fact that I'm over my monthly G-Shock quota (just two more days until february!)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That is disappoiunting news as I have been trying to find one of the MIB Mudmans from this series. I did buy a negative LCD panel for the Mudman from Casio but if it's like my GW5500, it's going to be impossible to change LCD panels without some sort of magic. I would love to reverse my stock GW9010 but having never done it successfully, I guess I will still keep both eyes out for a true MIB Mudman.

Very nice! Having all three in 2014 is not easy--especially the gulfman and mudman (very few of those made it seems)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yahoo japan auctions? I saw that one too. was tempted but refrained. Post pics here when you get it!
Yep! I'm glad you refrained. At the 'Buy it Now' price, I knew someone would buy it if I didn't. Looked mint as described and a complete set. Already ordered spare resin! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts