WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Wonder if the JDM versions will sport Carbon Fiber bands. I predict they will and the Mudman will be GW atomic.

Good to see the Mudman soldiers on. Was afraid the Rangeman would push it over the edge like the Riseman.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing! Not seen this before.. What forum you find it on?

not feeling these tho..
It is from a Hong Kong based discussion forum. They don't usually have much NEWS like here but a good source to know what is available for HK market.

I bet there will be different versions in both regular and atomic to choose from.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This is US pricing and did not originate in HK. There will be Japanese models of each, possibly releasing in March. Japan Domestic Model (JDM) Muddie will be atomic and carbon fiber strap. JDM Rangeman will have the carbon fiber strap. JDM Frog will be atomic. It is a confirmed release. I like the Froggie since it's a positive display. Cheers!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
This must be the rumored "purple" rangeman--it is actually navy, not purple... Which is a better choice, I think. I don't really care for these personally, but it is nice to see Casio put out an all blue frog again. I think if the hardware was black instead of silver, and the accent color was something other than red, they would look better.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I wonder if it was these that ppl were getting confused for Purple.. or is a purple one coming?? I hope so..
The guy who started the purple rumor was showing a poorly lit GW-9400 in black with a positive display. There is no purple Rangeman. The Men in Navy Rangeman has a negative display

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
This is US pricing and did not originate in HK. There will be Japanese models of each, possibly releasing in March. Japan Domestic Model (JDM) Muddie will be atomic and carbon fiber strap. JDM Rangeman will have the carbon fiber strap. JDM Frog will be atomic. It is a confirmed release. I like the Froggie since it's a positive display. Cheers!
So the JDM prices will predictably be about $100 higher than those US prices, I would imagine.

Rangeman is another candidate for a module swap to make a positive Navy Blue.

Blue shade as shown is actually closer to purple than Navy.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
They are just mock images. You can trust if Casio calls it Men in Navy, it won't appear purple in real life or actual pics

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Blue: nice!!

Negative display on another Rangeman: not so nice...
For me it's the G with the highest outdoor use potential but not if it's as hard to read as the Olive model.
I may try out the display swap as has been done by yankeeexpress and some others but thats just not realistic for "normal" people who dont have multiple versions... Also the swap still leaves me with an unreadable black one.
Theres better negative displays in casios collection than what olive Rangeman has, this could easily be improved and would help the range be more complete.

Nevertheless if that blue really comes up, I wont be able to skip it. All three of them I'm afraid!

That plus the Camo models shown by Starscream yesterday... Already 2014 looks pretty good!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Man I have been hoping Casio would release some more navy blue watches. I loves me some navy. Can't wait to see if this is for real. Would love to see an XL 6900 in navy as well.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts