WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last day at work until the New Year so taking the opportunity to wish everybody on the forum a Merry Christmas. Thanks to all of you for your posts, both informative and amusing, which make this the place it is.

Nigel

·
Registered
157 Posts
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, folks!

For me, the highlights have included Fulham beating both Chelsea and Arsenal at home and (to keep it watch-related) receiving my first Omega and buying my first vintage Omega. Oh, and getting married! :)

What have your highlights been?

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, football related highlights would be the team my family supports (Newcastle) being the first team in England to win a European trophy this year (even if it is only the Intertoto - beggars can't be choosers). Secondly my eldest son being invited to train one evening a week with the Fulham Development Team (not signed up yet, but who knows where it might lead) and inching further towards achieving his dream of professional football. My younger son also seems to have found a niche he enjoys playing cricket.

Regarding watches then obtaining the two beautiful Omega watches I know have this year, thanks in part to the generosity of my wonderful wife, would figure highly.

Otherwise there is so much to be grateful for....

Best wished to all,

Nigel

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nigel. Wow, maybe one day I shall see your son playing for Fulham! Fingers crossed that he gets fully signed up. Fulham won the Intertoto a few years ago as well and I distinctly remember that I tried to claim it as trophy win, too!! ;-)

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You never know!! Whatever the outcome he is enjoying the experience and so what if I freeze my ***** off watching! If I am brutally honest I think they like to have goalkeepers there to help training the outfield players (he is a goalkeeper), but whatever he must be good to have got this far and so who knows what may come next.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Well if you let him be a goalie, then you must be a half decent bloke |> :-! :-!

Lifelong position for me too!!!! I have the slightly bent nose to prove it....oh and several other parts slightly twisted.....it's character building being the last line of defense.

My high points this year?

Few, but the POCH as my 1st Omega is definately one.

And a merry christmas to one and all!!!!!

Davey

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
John!!!

We understand all that gridiron stuff over here!!!! We get 2 games on TV every Sunday evening....and all of the wild card and playoff games and of course the big one. We even get the Pro-Bowl from Hawaii. So far I've been to see Miami. 49'ers and The Redskins. I try to get to a game if I'm working in the states.

In London in '85 got to meet Singletary and Sweetness (Sadly missed) when they played here playing in the 1st World Bowl Vs Dallas.

I played for 6 years for our town team between 1985-91. I played as a Tight-End and sometimes when we were short as Def-End too...it was easy, as if we lost the ball I just turned round and faced the other way!!!!

Sad Miami did not edge into the playoffs but with such a terrible start they left too much to do. Happy they clobbered The 'Pats tho!!!

Happy Holiday!

Davey

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Davey, before injury stopped me my game was rugby so enjoyed the knocks of a 'serious' game - none of that padding in those days either. John I have watched gridiron in my time, but have to admit my interest is more in baseball and, even before seeing them play at Yankee Stadium in 1986, the Yankees. So when see all these people in NY gear I wonder if they even have any idea about the game, but thanks to the internet I can keep a check and to help my GMT is set to EST - see we always come back to watches!!

See you all in the New Year

Nigel

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
And the same from me

And the same from me. A very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanza, Happy Festivus...or whatever you celebrate!

eric

·
6,880 Posts
Merry Christmas to everyone!

·
6,880 Posts
Festivus.....LMAO.

What was it..the pole of shame instead of a tree?

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Davey, before injury stopped me my game was rugby so enjoyed the knocks of a 'serious' game - none of that padding in those days either. John I have watched gridiron in my time, but have to admit my interest is more in baseball and, even before seeing them play at Yankee Stadium in 1986, the Yankees. So when see all these people in NY gear I wonder if they even have any idea about the game, but thanks to the internet I can keep a check and to help my GMT is set to EST - see we always come back to watches!!

See you all in the New Year

Nigel
AHHH... Baseball,I'm a big Cleveland Indians fan!! Hell,they even made two movies about us. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cleveland_Indians John Wilson. P. S. WILD THING!!

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Merry Christmas...Nigel,Zidane,Eric,Mac(crimbocop),RTB,John R.,FR.John,Mamas,Davey,Stevie,Benoit,Gerard,Chip,Ernie,Bruce,Sulaco,Sjors,Jon, Christian J.,Stuffler-Mike,Tragic,G.Z.,...And ,Picard,Thomas and Coke. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! John Wilson. P. S. I'll be working (DRIVING) On Sunday Christmas eve,I'll be back at home 1:00 A. M. E.S.T. It's ok, I'm getting $45.00 an hour!!! HA HA,I mean HO HO. I hope my P.S. is not too tacky,but then again I am the ugly American.
Scotland forever!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, succesful and ticking 2007..B-)

Enjoy....|>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
wishing all a very happy Christmas and hope that you all have a great time with all your loved ones.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts