WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Milanese mesh bracelet that is available for the various Stowa watches specially made by/for Stowa or is it a "generic" bracelet that Stowa sells? Is it branded "Stowa" anywhere on the bracelet? Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Don´t see any branding:

They aren´t inhouse products, but all re-worked by hand at the Stowa factory (as to be seen on the pics taken during the Open Schaier Days in 2004):

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
On a related note, does anyone know how much adjustment (lengthwise) on a Stowa mesh? I've got small wrists but am tempted to try one for my Antea and most mesh bracelets I've seen don't adjust sufficiently.

S

·
0 Posts
Dave E said:
On a related note, does anyone know how much adjustment (lengthwise) on a Stowa mesh? I've got small wrists but am tempted to try one for my Antea and most mesh bracelets I've seen don't adjust sufficiently.
To be honest: No clue, the only thing I know is that there are 5 chain links which can be removed. Don´t know if this would be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
stuffler said:
To be honest: No clue, the only thing I know is that there are 5 chain links which can be removed. Don´t know if this would be sufficient.
Thanks Mike, bit of an idle question right now as I'm a bit short of cash. If/when I have the money I'll e-mail Stowa and ask.

S

·
0 Posts
redstart said:
Mike, is this perhaps a Staib bracelet?
redstart
Perhaps it is, never spoke to Jörg about his bracelets. But it would fit into the philosophy of Stowa/Schauer: Made in Germany and if not the best it´s one of the best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm wondering if one of these will be available for the Marine Original I've ordered. I thought a mesh bracelet might be nice on it.

Gerry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dave E said:
I just asked for one to fit my wrist size (I have a similar size wrist to you). This was for the Antea KS however and there is no adjustment to make it smaller so there may be problems with a larger lug to lug watch. I'm sure Stowa can tell you if it is possible.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Dave E said:
They adjust down to fit a 7.25 wrist nicely.
If you need less than that you're out of luck.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I've got a Stowa mesh I wear with my Antea and Marine auto. I've got a 7" wrist and with all the adjustment links removed it fits fine, maybe just a tad loose, but then again its comfortable enough for 24/7 wear. :-!

regards,
Gordon

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Gordon & Tragic, thanks for the info. My wrist is another 0.25" away from that, so probably too loose for me (even though I tend to a loose fit on my bracelets).

R

·
0 Posts
stuffler said:
Perhaps it is, never spoke to Jörg about his bracelets. But it would fit into the philosophy of Stowa/Schauer: Made in Germany and if not the best it´s one of the best.
Mike, can you tell us the thickness of the Stowa mesh bracelet? --redstart

·
Vendor
920 Posts
Hello everybody,

all STOWA Milanaisebraceletts in 18 mm and 20 mm are available in normal length - which we can enlarge with replacement parts to any length, and in short version - which is so small when you take out the replacement parts that we had never problems to fit any wrist on the world.
I have the short version especialy for the japanese and chinese market.

So i think it is easy to fit everybody perfect.

If somebody buy a strap second hand he can contact me to get replacement parts or new pins (you always should use new pins to enlarge or reduce the lenth of the strap)

By the way: Now i have new in stock a 22 mm Milanaise for the new Marine Original and i will make a special offer in the next days !

Best regards

Jörg

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Just picked up a short version of the Staib...

and it fits perfectly. It has a few removeable links in order to adjust the size even further. Looks great on a vintage diver.
DW

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Jörg, thanks for the information about the bracelet length (and David as well for the real-life test!). Might have to try one of those at some point, then!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts