WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was riding home on the road from mountain biking this morning when I noticed a mini van coming toward me with headlights flashing and the driver waving his arm out the window.

We both stopped, and he said, “How do I get to the mountain bike park? I’ve been driving around here for 30 minutes looking for it.”

There are a couple of cut throughs and bike paths that make it easy to get there by bike, but it’s about five miles farther to actually drive a car to it. I told him how to get there by car, and as we were wrapping up, I noticed he had the same watch as me! Almost, anyway. He had a Citizen BN0151-09L and I was wearing my new BN0151-28e.

“Nice watch!” I said, and showed him mine.

He said he’s had his for two years and likes it a lot, and that he also has a Seiko SKX that he wears.

Anyway, it was fun meeting a fellow mountain biking Citizen wearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
Good post. This type of interaction is usually few and far between for most of us, so glad you met a fellow Citizen enthusiast.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
My favorite story along these lines: about five years ago I met an Australian fellow loading his bicycle onto a train I was boarding, as part of his cycling tour across the United States. He had an old-school Citizen Promaster tough Ray Mears on. I complimented him on it and he said he had picked it up when he had taken his Rolex in for servicing, and realized the Citizen cost less than the Rolex service. He said he’d worn it for something like 15 years and it had never missed a beat. Great fun moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts