WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Model - Casio MTG S1000D

Whilst resizing the bracelet for this watch I managed to lose two of the tiny bushes (sleeves?) which fit into each link to provide a tight fit for the pin which holds two links together.

I don't know whether this bushing arrangement is standard practice for watch bracelets, or the correct name for the missing items. (I hope that I have described them adequately.)

Is it possible to buy replacement bushes? If so, where?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
I would think that this pin and collar(?) system for bracelets is fairly common... and if so, virtually any jeweler could probably fix it for you. That's my guess, anyway! ;-)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Model - Casio MTG S1000D

Whilst resizing the bracelet for this watch I managed to lose two of the tiny bushes (sleeves?) which fit into each link to provide a tight fit for the pin which holds two links together.

I don't know whether this bushing arrangement is standard practice for watch bracelets, or the correct name for the missing items. (I hope that I have described them adequately.)

Is it possible to buy replacement bushes? If so, where?
Are they the "c ring (band links)" listed in this parts list? Casio MTGS1000BS-1A Parts and Accessories Library from Pacparts

(If so, there's a parts source as well.)

Such sleeves are normally known as "bushings".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they the "c ring (band links)" listed in this parts list? Casio MTGS1000BS-1A Parts and Accessories Library from Pacparts

(If so, there's a parts source as well.)

Such sleeves are normally known as "bushings".
Thank you for the great advice.

Yes, the parts are the C-rings. I am in the UK so ship;ing costs would make it a little expensive to order from Pac Parts. I therefore contacted Casio UK's parts department, asked for C-rings for this watch and placed an order.

Thanks again for the (very quick) help.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I know that Citizen uses these bushings as well. I made the mistake of sizing a bracelet on a Citizen watch expecting only a pin to come out. The bushing ejected rapidly and vanished into the microscopic wilderness of my living room floor (never found it). I was able to obtain replacements (gratis from Citizen service). These are probably made in a standard size so it should be likely to source one from a local jeweler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts