WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 21 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Cool. Looks like the markers are metal too, maybe?

Hopefully the bezel will swap right onto the existing GA-2100's.

Having just built up a GA-2100 I'm not in the market for one now...but if they come out with an all metal one that's solar/atomic, well, take my money (assuming it fits like the resin one and works for us skinny wristed folk).

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did not know what the hype was about with the CasiOak until I bought one. It's a cool watch and was thinking if Casio ever come out with a metal one I would buy one.

These metal covered ones looked pretty cool. Like the silver, blue, and green dial ones, not so sure about the red. If the past is any indication, some of these will probably sell out and sell above retail...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
those look cool, but I ain't gonna get another GA-2100, unless it comes with the phoenix-color bezel
my GA-2100 hardly gets wrist time, too plain and boring, ain't no-one notices me rocking a G with that

Reactions: JCB43

·
Registered
178 Posts
those look cool, but I ain't gonna get another GA-2100, unless it comes with the phoenix-color bezel
my GA-2100 hardly gets wrist time, too plain and boring, ain't no-one notices me rocking a G with that
I would be surprised if they don't eventually release a blingly gold or pheonix style Casioak given how popular the model is.

Reactions: d_handl3y and JCB43

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,681 Posts
The blue dial and strap looks interesting as well:
View attachment 15944108
Casio clearly has some spies in the forums LOL
I'm pretty sure they notice the mods going on. I think this model looks sweet, but I have too many GA-2100 at the moment. Need to chill.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The dials and indices have a metallic look (although probably are painted plastic). I am interested to see some more pics.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If the indices are real metal - this will be hard to resist. I can't really stand the chrome plated plastic on the smaller casioaks

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is also a smaller GM-S2100 for ladies and small men
View attachment 15944428
If these are real, it's cool that there are smaller versions. Personally I prefer the all black of this over the silver dial and case of standard ones.

But did Casio remove the day indicator and redesign the outer "circle" of the dial? Makes the dial look smaller visually. These two changes I am not a fan of tbh... Or maybe women would prefer such design changes, what do I know lol.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I greatly prefer the honest Casio look to the pseudo Royal Oak. I don't find the marriage in any way compelling. In fact, I'm going to go a little further out on a limb and posit that pretty much any Casio is more to my taste than any Royal Oak.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not a fan of the metal bezel, resin band watches. I'm an all resin, or all metal guy. It'd be nice if Casio at least offered this with a bracelet. Meh.

1 - 21 of 207 Posts