WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Went to the G-Shock store intending to buy the green, but much preferred the silver. I didn't like the green band at all. And the silver has a lot of interesting gray tones that really drew me in... to be honest, I had a hard time convincing myself not to buy both, but it would be silly to buy a watch "just because".:rolleyes: Been there, done that.

I do also have have the blue one coming in from Europe. Got a good deal on it, too good to pass up.

View attachment 16108820
Nice photo, looks better than the stock photos on their site!

·
Registered
115 Posts
GMS2100 shipped as well.

Reactions: babyivan

·
Registered
514 Posts
Here is hoping. I got that backorder email back on August 26. No credit charge yet, no FedEx en route either. We shall see....
Just got a FedEx notification for tomorrow! Even better, my CC hasn't been charged 🤣.

Reactions: babyivan

·
Registered
36 Posts
No shipping notification for me today.

FedEx is terrible. IF mine had gone out today I'd be lucky to get it by the 20th!
Scratch that. I manually looked mine up on the Casio website and it shipped today with a SUPPOSED delivery date of the 15th. Let's see how that plays out.

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
No shipping notification for me today.

FedEx is terrible. IF mine had gone out today I'd be lucky to get it by the 20th!
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've never had issues with FedEx. Hell, come to think of it, I havent had issues with DHL either.

Reactions: Metropolis

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I got that from Casio.com the other they followed by the delivery the next day. Their automated messages don't always tell the truth.
You are correct. Received a shipping notice email 24 hours after the backorder message, followed by the payment/invoice confirmation email a couple hours later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the backorder message for my red one i ordered on the 25 on tuesday. Went to the site and showed 2 silvers in stock. Hastily purchached via paypal then found out they switched it with the smaller gms2100. Wouldnt let me cancel. site shows everything but green available now. Good luck but proceed with caution…

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine's due tomorrow and should arrive based on tracking. Odd after seeing so many photos, but I honestly don't know what to expect in terms of my reaction to it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I genuinely don't know which one to keep. Help.

·
Registered
514 Posts
From pics it looks like the GMS is a better fit but close up wrist shots can be deceiving. What is your wrist size? I personally prefer the GM coloring as between the two pics--but not enough that I'd choose a watch that was just too big.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From pics it looks like the GMS is a better fit but close up wrist shots can be deceiving. What is your wrist size? I personally prefer the GM coloring as between the two pics--but not enough that I'd choose a watch that was just too big.
I have a skinny wrist: 6.25" so the GMS is definitely a better fit. I was expecting the GM to feel huge, but it feels on the bigger side of acceptable.

GM strap is nicer and coloring is better, but it's darker, less legible and has the negative display. GMS fits better, positive display and much more legible, but color isn't as good, nor is the band.

Reactions: SaintWoody19

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a skinny wrist: 6.25" so the GMS is definitely a better fit. I was expecting the GM to feel huge, but it feels on the bigger side of acceptable.

GM strap is nicer and coloring is better, but it's darker, less legible and has the negative display. GMS fits better, positive display and much more legible, but color isn't as good, nor is the band.
Casio has been on a negative display kick lately...while it "looks" better, it is definitely harder to read

·
Registered
514 Posts
Very satisfying. Band feels great and I think it all fits well on my 17cm (6.75") wrist. The dial and hands are legible enough. Between their small size and negative display, the digital elements are a pretty tough read in low light conditions (without hitting the light) but who are we kidding: You're not buying this form factor to regularly use the stopwatch or countdown timer. If you need to know the date, just turn on the light and you're good to go. All in all, a nice package.

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Wrist

161 - 180 of 207 Posts