WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the Tag watch sizing thread was super helpful:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=194183&highlight=mini+size

I am trying to figure out if I want a size 3 or size 4. I tried bidding on a size 4 auction on ebay, and lost, but noticed there is a similar size 3 one I can bid on as well.

My fiance has very skinny wrists, does that mean I should definiltey get a mini (size 4)? Or is it just a matter of preference?

The watches I am comparing are:
Tag Aquaracer WAF1312BA
and WAF1415

Any help on this topic is much appreciated.

Thanks!
- Al

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
First off, the Tag watch sizing thread was super helpful:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=194183&highlight=mini+size

I am trying to figure out if I want a size 3 or size 4. I tried bidding on a size 4 auction on ebay, and lost, but noticed there is a similar size 3 one I can bid on as well.

My fiance has very skinny wrists, does that mean I should definiltey get a mini (size 4)? Or is it just a matter of preference?

The watches I am comparing are:
Tag Aquaracer WAF1312BA
and WAF1415
Just a note -- size "3" is not mid-size, it is "ladies" size. Mid-size is a small men's size, but is very popular with women right now.

It's really a matter of preference. My GF will not wear anything "mini" size anymore, and she doesn't even like the ladies' sizes either. But mini is usually really small. I don't think a ladies size will look too big on any wrist, no matter how small.

-s-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very helpful. She likes me to pick things out and surprising her, so given how expensive these watches are, I want to get it right. I am leaning towards the size "3" ladies size as a good compromise. From what I read, bigger watches are in I guess.

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.
- Al

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's really a matter of preference.
-s-
Agreed. My wife has always preferred larger diameter watches. She really likes the ladies' Link Chrono. Being that this style (larger diameter) is "in" right now, I had a non Tag AD try to tell her yesterday that she will tire of the watch after a few years. He then proceeded to try to sell her a Baume & Mercier Riviera after explaining that "if the Tag is a Mercedes, the Baume & Mercier is an Aston Martin. The Riviera is much classier."

At the end of the day, regardless of what this idiot told her, she will not tire of it. As for your GF, buy what you think she will like. After all, you are in theory buying the watch for her to enjoy, not anyone else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. My wife has always preferred larger diameter watches. She really likes the ladies' Link Chrono. Being that this style (larger diameter) is "in" right now, I had a non Tag AD try to tell her yesterday that she will tire of the watch after a few years. He then proceeded to try to sell her a Baume & Mercier Riviera after explaining that "if the Tag is a Mercedes, the Baume & Mercier is an Aston Martin. The Riviera is much classier."

At the end of the day, regardless of what this idiot told her, she will not tire of it. As for your GF, buy what you think she will like. After all, you are in theory buying the watch for her to enjoy, not anyone else.
Thanks for the advice. This helps a lot!

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
He then proceeded to try to sell her a Baume & Mercier Riviera after explaining that "if the Tag is a Mercedes, the Baume & Mercier is an Aston Martin. The Riviera is much classier."
That's a good one. Having both a Mercedes and an AM, and both a TAG and a B&M, I really don't see that there's any relevant analogy between them all... they are what they are. Maybe he meant that the Riviera was more dressy and a Carrera is more sporty. I would understand that because of the watch type, but then the car analogy would be backwards.

Oh well.

-s-

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's a good one. Having both a Mercedes and an AM, and both a TAG and a B&M, I really don't see that there's any relevant analogy between them all... they are what they are. Maybe he meant that the Riviera was more dressy and a Carrera is more sporty. I would understand that because of the watch type, but then the car analogy would be backwards.

Oh well.

-s-
Whoa! You have all bases covered b-). Sweet. Yeah, I didn't really understand what he was going after, either. If you go looking to buy a Mercedes, chances are you're not going to come back home with an Aston. They are two totally different types of cars IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts