WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d be interested in seeing watches with midnight blue dials from companies that produce watches as their main product. By midnight blue I’m referring to dials that almost look black until they catch a ray of light making the blue noticeable. I currently have one in that color left in my collection (an inexpensive fashion watch shown below) after getting rid of a titanium Seiko with a case and bracelet that suffered numerous scratches over time.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The blue Helson SM300 comes to mind as I have one and it is exactly that -- dark blue that it looks grey and black in certain light but suddenly with some direct sunlight, you see the blue.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have the Sinn and Traska. Both are much darker (the Sinn more so) in person but are definitely blue. They can look almost black in very dim light.

I've handled a similar color nomos club and those are even darker.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,808 Posts

Reactions: FrankDerek and tcl

·
Registered
324 Posts
Go on chrono24 and search for blue dials in your price range

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
The Seiko 5 SNXS77 dial isn't particularly midnight, bone stock, but put it in an SKX case, and all of a sudden, it's way dark, only showing blue in direct light. Not sure if it's because the dial sits deeper or the effect of the thicker crystal with AR, but def went darker.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How about a "Midnight Purple"? Actually I normally call this a "Pearl Black". Looks black but glares purple. Dials like this on Vostok not often seen.

Reactions: tcl

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I was almost convinced this Melbourne Portsea Heritage was black until I got it under direct sunlight. The bluer aftermarket strap helps to bring the color out more.

Reactions: tcl

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How about a "Midnight Purple"? Actually I normally call this a "Pearl Black". Looks black but glares purple. Dials like this on Vostok not often seen.

Interesting color. I've got a 70's era Timex with a plum colored dial that looks as dark or possibly darker than that Vostok from what I can see from your photo..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts