WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. I am brand new to the forum, although I have enjoyed reading some of your posts the past few weeks. I am a 65 year OLD diver, certified in 1975. I am a watch nut and have over a dozen dive watches, including 5 DOXAs. Some current, some vintage. I need help finding out info about one of my mint dive watches from the 60s by Mido. It has a rotating bezel with
no-decompression info enameled on the face. I would like to find out more about it, a good source for the info (factory has none), and how to interpret the decompression info. I try to attach a photo of the watch.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's really cool looking.
Maybe try the EOT dive watch forum.
hxxp://65.181.166.146/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Post some pics and history of your other divers.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks like....

The "0" on each ring is the no decompression time (it's a little more conservative than the Navy tables, but close enough that it may be explained be figuring the times slightly differently -- just as today different dive computers will use different algorithms and get slightly different max ND times). The other times must be minutes at the decompression stop (10m? 3m?). If you could find some older tables contemporary with the watch it might help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Bacuma. I'll go sharpen the pencil and do some trial runs on your explanation. Appreciate the input. CaptainDick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts