WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I vote for reposting with the picture. I've been intrigued by the brand (I like that orange and black chrono and I saw an awesome dress watch too) and the more pictures the better. I like the chrono you got (from your pics I still can see). It looks good and great wrist shots. Some people love to zoom super close and you don't get a sense of the size of the watch. Might as well just put it on a table and take the picture.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I vote for reposting with the picture. I've been intrigued by the brand (I like that orange and black chrono and I saw an awesome dress watch too) and the more pictures the better. I like the chrono you got (from your pics I still can see). It looks good and great wrist shots. Some people love to zoom super close and you don't get a sense of the size of the watch. Might as well just put it on a table and take the picture.

Here are a few of them, sorry but I need to retake a few as they got pixelated somehow in the conversion for posting withing size limites:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hello Docrwm,

Based on your original post of 4 yrs ago, I purchased a Mido Fleiger chronograph (discontinued model) late last year (as per the picture).

Simply put, it is the BEST mechanical chronograph in my extensive collection--at any price--in terms of performance and precision.

I know that if I was to purchase another, it would be dog $%^#, because it never fails. But the one I have, is just terrific--must have been a protoype not mean for sale to the public.

Thanks,
heb

Attachments

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks guys. That black chrono is one of their models from the late-90s early 00s and one I was interested in but could not find a mint version at a reasonable price. Mido used the Top Grade Chronometer in that one too and as my review indicates its a sweet movement upgrade that they just plain don't advertise enough IMHO.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks guys. That black chrono is one of their models from the late-90s early 00s and one I was interested in but could not find a mint version at a reasonable price. Mido used the Top Grade Chronometer in that one too and as my review indicates its a sweet movement upgrade that they just plain don't advertise enough IMHO.
Well, thats one reason why we got such good deals on our watches coz we only bought THE WATCH and not Brad Pitt or Pierce Brosnan or Tiger Woods!!! :) Frankly, I prefer they stay that way. I can walk through a crowded mall and nobody minds my watch- just the way I like it.

Back on topic, my Multifort Chrono is still going strong. Grabbed a few scratches and dings over the years but I don't mind. It's still pullng +5 seconds per day if I simply pull it out of the watchbox and manual wind it for a day's use. BUt if I let it sit on my wrist for a couple of days, the movement breaks into stride and impresses me with a +2 sec per day accuracy!

Inspired by Heb's picture above. I might try ordering a stainless steel bracelet from my MIDO AD. Probably a spare Leather one as well while they still have them on stock. :)

I'll post new pics of my Mido soon as i get home after the New Year's holidays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fell in love with the Mido Multifort Chronograph M8800.4.38.4 two year ago, recently I have located a new model for $900.00. Is the $900.00 price a fair request? What is the value of the Mido M8800.4.38.4?

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Watch is still going strong. Strap loks new to this day! Mido is so underappreciated by WIS.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Wow, glad I clicked through to see that gorgeous watch! Thanks to the OP for posting that. I have a Mido as well, the Baroncelli Power Reserve. Found it last year and I love wearing it. Well made, though it could use a little regulation as mine seems to gain time. Not bad, but I have to adjust it every couple of weeks. Still, for what I paid, I'd say it's a bargain, and the only power reserve I have in my collection (well, until my Ocean Star Retrograde arrives tomorrow).

Mido Baroncelli PR.jpg Mido Baroncelli PR-2.jpg Mido Baroncelli PR-3.jpg Mido Baroncelli PR-4.jpg

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wow, glad I clicked through to see that gorgeous watch! Thanks to the OP for posting that. I have a Mido as well, the Baroncelli Power Reserve. Found it last year and I love wearing it. Well made, though it could use a little regulation as mine seems to gain time. Not bad, but I have to adjust it every couple of weeks. Still, for what I paid, I'd say it's a bargain, and the only power reserve I have in my collection (well, until my Ocean Star Retrograde arrives tomorrow).

View attachment 1225161 View attachment 1225166
Very nice. My guess is that it's either used or was stored for a while as my Mido's kept better than expected time out of the box. I really think that Mido presents the best bang for the buck of all the Swiss watches.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Still going strong. Glad so many have found the review inspiring. The Midos I have seen have all had great F&F, good features, and excellent movement in comparison to others in their price range (and often well above).

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Very nice. My guess is that it's either used or was stored for a while as my Mido's kept better than expected time out of the box. I really think that Mido presents the best bang for the buck of all the Swiss watches.
Okay, I totally missed your response from last fall. Anyhoo....

It wasn't used, but it did sit in a drawer. Bought it from Kay Jewelers when they were closing them out. Almost missed it, and in fact they had it just sitting in a drawer with other junk. Didn't even have the box and papers. So I made them an offer and they took it.

Also, I forgot that I mentioned the time not being that accurate. I honestly don't notice it, except I only wear this watch a couple of times a month and I need to reset it at that time. No biggie to me, but I might have it serviced soon. I have a local guy that will do a COA for a great price.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Okay, I totally missed your response from last fall. Anyhoo....

It wasn't used, but it did sit in a drawer. Bought it from Kay Jewelers when they were closing them out. Almost missed it, and in fact they had it just sitting in a drawer with other junk. Didn't even have the box and papers. So I made them an offer and they took it.

Also, I forgot that I mentioned the time not being that accurate. I honestly don't notice it, except I only wear this watch a couple of times a month and I need to reset it at that time. No biggie to me, but I might have it serviced soon. I have a local guy that will do a COA for a great price.
Glad you got such a good deal on it. Having a local guy that's reasonable who does good work is a huge plus in my book.

Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello Docrwm and all - newbie here, first post! I'm usually at PurseForum, and the watch thread there is only full of ladies showing off "status" watches like Rolexes and decorative watches like Michele. I'm no watch collector or have no knowledge; I have an older Raymond Weil Saxo for a dress watch and a Citizen Eco-Drive for my daily. But am at a place in my life where I want to purchase my first well-made automatic watch, hopefully one I'll have for life. I've always loved the looks of the Omega Aqua Terra but just cannot justify laying down $5000+ for one, and in doing research came across Mido.

Your reviews and praise make me VERY interested in this brand, specifically the M005.007.11.101.00. The Mido website and other websites I've looked at don't give as much detail about movement specifications, etc as Docrwm has listed about his. Would anyone have any knowledge if this ladies watch would have the same components as the chronographs being praised in this thread?

IMG_2013.jpg

Attachments

21 - 40 of 46 Posts